This super-fast recipe will show you how to cook beef fajitas in the air fryer with peppers and onions.
These air fryer steak fajitas will come out so juicy and flavorful, that it’ll be the only way you’ll ever want to make them! They are so delicious with a dollop of sour cream and a squeeze of lime juice on top.
Easy Air Fryer Fajitas
- Homemade air fryer steak fajitas are so easy to make and the perfect addition to any night!
- Inexpensive cuts of beef make fajitas an excellent dish for buffets and potlucks.
- Cook in advance and let the flavors blend before reheating!
- Make a batch or two and add to salads, omelets, and stir-fries all week long!
Ingredients & Variations
BEEF: Sirloin or strip loin steaks are best. If the strips aren’t already cut, be sure to cut them against the grain to tenderize the meat. This is also a great recipe for using up any leftover meat like chicken, turkey, or pork bites.
VEGGIES: Colorful bell peppers give fajitas that “fiesta” look! Red onions add a savory sweetness, but yellow, white, or green onions can be used.
If you’re looking to bulk up the recipe with more veggies, use sliced mushrooms, chopped spinach or kale, or diced zucchini.
MARINADE: Simple seasonings, an oil, and an acid make for a quick marinade. Adjust the ingredients to your liking, or try a DIY blend that can be used in all kinds of recipes!
How to Cook Beef Fajitas in the Air Fryer
Beef fajitas are simple and oh-so delish, always a favorite at dinner time. Just a few quick steps and they are ready to load up with your favorite toppings!
- Marinade vegetables and beef strips (per the recipe below).
- Cook the vegetables, remove, then cook the beef strips.
- Add vegetables back to the air fryer and cook until heated through.
Serve in warmed tortillas with toppings and a slice of lime.
Toppings for Fajitas
Our favorite toppings include diced tomatoes, sliced olives and jalapenos, green chilis, salsa, sour cream, guacamole, and shredded cheese.
Serve steak fajitas with these other air fryer recipes: tasty zucchini skins, air fryer nachos, or some stuffed jalapenos for an extra kick! Air fryer Mexican corn (Elote) is always delicious next to chicken or beef fajitas!
Tips for Tender Steak Fajitas
- It’s okay if the steak is a little pink on the inside, it will continue to cook once it’s removed from the air fryer.
- Properly cooked steak should read 165°F on a meat thermometer.
- Shake the air fryer basket halfway through cooking the meat so it cooks evenly.
Our Favorite Steak Recipes
- Air Fryer Steak – juicy and tender
- Air Fryer Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Tomatoes – a forkful of flavor!
- Instant Pot Steak Potato and Mushroom Soup – hearty and delicious
- Instant Pot Beef Stew Made with Leftover Steak – turn leftovers into a great meal!
Air Fryer Steak Fajitas
- 1 pound beef steaks sirloin or striploin
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 1 green bell pepper sliced
- 1 small red onion sliced
- tortillas for serving
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- Mix the marinade ingredients in a small bowl.
- Slice the onion and bell peppers and toss with 1 tablespoon of the marinade.
- Slice the beef into ½-inch strips. Toss with the remaining marinade and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F.
- Place the vegetables in the air fryer basket in a single layer and cook 6-7 minutes or just until tender crisp. Remove from the air fryer and set aside.
- Place the beef in the air fryer basket in a single layer and cook 4-6 minutes or just until cooked. Add peppers back to the air fryer and cook 1 minute more.
- Serve in warmed tortillas with toppings.
REPIN this Air Fryer Steak Fajitas Recipe