Air Fryer rotisserie chicken is probably the easiest meal you’ll ever make in the air fryer!
A whole chicken in the air fryer guarantees crispy skin and tender and juicy morsels of meat. And the ingredients are so simple, just a whole chicken, paprika, and olive oil. Simple, easy, quick, and so healthy! Nothing beats main dishes like this!
Rotisserie Chicken Recipe
- It’s so easy to make deliciously juicy, lightly seasoned roasted chicken in the air fryer! This recipe will be on rotation at least once a week!
- Have fresh and juicy rotisserie chicken with a crispy skin ready in no time at all without having to heat up the oven! Clean-up is a cinch, too!
- Stock up on whole chickens when they’re on sale and pop them in the air fryer for chicken meals all week! Or freeze cooked portions for future recipes!
Ingredients & Variations
CHICKEN: Choose fresh or frozen whole chickens that will fit in your air fryer model. Most chickens weigh between 4 and 10 pounds. For bests results, an air fryer that ranges in capacity between 7 and 10 quarts will work whether it’s a spit, basket, or tray model.
SEASONING: Anything goes when it comes to seasoning chicken! However, for meal prep recipes, keep the seasonings simple for versatility. A little garlic powder or onion powder can be added for a savory flavor, however.
How to Make Air Fryer Rotisserie Chicken
- Rub the chicken with olive oil and seasonings.
- Tie the chicken (as per the recipe below) and place it in the air fryer.
- Cook until it reaches the desired internal temperature.
Tips for Juicy Crispy Rotisserie Chicken
- Pat the chicken dry instead of washing or rinsing it. The drier the chicken is before cooking, the better the seasonings will adhere and the skin will become extra crispy!
- The chicken can be done on a spit if your air fryer has one, just follow the instructions in the manual.
- Allow the chicken to rest for about 5 minutes before slicing it so the juices have a chance to get reabsorbed into the meat.
- Keep leftover chicken in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Use it chilled in salads or sandwiches, or reheat portions in the air fryer.
More Air Fryer Chicken Recipes
- Air Fryer Spatchcock Chicken – cooks quickly
- Air Fryer Roast Chicken – juicy and tender!
- Air Fryer Whole Chicken – versatile recipe
- Air Fryer Chicken Pot Pie – perfect for leftovers
Air Fryer Rotisserie Chicken
- 1 whole chicken
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon salt and pepper
- Pat the chicken dry – don't wash it
- Coat with olive oil and season.
- Tie up the chicken and put it in the rotisserie basket.
- Place the chicken in the air fryer and preheat to 350°F.
- Cook for 50-60 minutes or until the internal temperature is 165°F.
- The drier the chicken is before cooking, the better the seasonings will adhere and the skin will become extra crispy, so pat dry with paper towels.
- Rest chicken for at least 5-10 minutes before slicing to allow juices to redistribute.
- Keep leftover chicken in an airtight in refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat in air fryer or use in new recipes.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© EverythingAirFryer.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!