With a creamy filling and a puffy golden crust, this air fryer chicken pot pie will be one for the recipe books.
Made with a creamy base of chicken and vegetables topped with a flaky and golden crust made from Pillsbury dough, this homemade pot pie is sure to please. It’s a must-try for dinner tonight!
Chicken Pot Pie In Air Fryer
- Put that air fryer to good use with this chicken pot pie. The thick and creamy filling is made with just a few ingredients that you probably already have on hand – frozen vegetables, chicken, spices, and a can of condensed cream of chicken soup.
- No need to wrestle with a finicky dough recipe for this one. Just open the can of Pillsbury biscuit dough and top each ramekin with the individual biscuits. So easy!
- This creamy little ramekin casserole makes individual servings, best for those nights when dinner is on the go and everyone is eating at different times.
What’s In Chicken Pot Pie?
CHICKEN Use leftover chicken or make these air fryer chicken breasts and shred the meat. Short on time? Buy a rotisserie chicken. This recipe is also a great way to use up leftover turkey.
VEGETABLES Frozen vegetables are the quickest and easiest for this filling. They cook quickly and they are already chopped and prepped. Leftover potatoes from last night’s dinner? These can be tossed in too.
SOUP A can of condensed cream of chicken soup can be switched up for cream of celery or cream of mushroom. They will still make this filling so creamy and smooth.
VARIATIONS Instead of using biscuit dough, make a chicken pot pie casserole with puff pastry spread on top. It will be equally comforting and delicious.
Puff pastry and biscuit dough can be used interchangeably without affecting the outcome of so many different recipes—this one included! On those busy nights through a frozen chicken pot pie in the air fryer for a full meal in minutes.
How Do You Make Chicken Pot Pie In Air Fryer?
This is the best recipe for using up leftover chicken or turkey. It is so quick and easy!
- Combine the filling ingredients in a bowl.
- Add to ramekins. Cook.
- Add biscuit dough and cook (per recipe below).
What Goes With Chicken Pot Pie? Chicken pot pie is a filling meal. So serve it with a side of vegetables like crispy air fryer broccoli, air fryer broccoli and cauliflower, and Instant Pot corn maque choux.
Air Fryer Tips!
- Above all use heatproof ramekins.
- Secondly, make sure to cook the filling first before adding the crust and then cook for a little longer. The crust will overcook if cooked the whole time.
- Finally, when removing the pies from the air fryer, use oven mitts. Those little ramekins filled with creamy delish are quite hot!
Can You Cook a Frozen Pot Pie In Air Fryer?
Normally pot pies don’t reheat too well, but with the air fryer, this is not the case. Pot pies can be made ahead of time and frozen. Then they can be heated in the air fryer.
These little pies will last in the freezer for 4 months. To reheat, don’t let the pot pie thaw, instead preheat the fryer to 350°F, add the pie and cook for 15 minutes or until heated through.
Air Fryer Casserole Dishes
- Air Fryer Green Bean Casserole
- Creamy Cauliflower Air Fryer Casserole
- Vortex Air Fryer Low Carb Mexican Lasagna
- Creamy Cauliflower Air Fryer Casserole
Air Fryer Chicken Pot Pie
- 1 ½ cups cooked chicken diced*
- 2 cups mixed frozen vegetables
- 10.5 ounce condensed cream of chicken soup or cream of celery
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ teaspoon thyme
- ¼ teaspoon parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 biscuits Pillsbury biscuits +see note
- Preheat air fryer to 325°F.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl except for the biscuit dough. Mix until fully combined.
- Divide the mixture into four ovenproof small ramekins or bowls and cook for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes remove the basket and add a biscuit on top of each bowl.
- Cook for 5-6 minutes or until the biscuit is cooked all the way through.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© EverythingAirFryer.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
REPIN this Air Fryer Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
can you do this in a toaster/convection oven? also can you use homemade biscuit dough.
We haven’t tried this recipe in a toaster/convection oven but would love to hear how you adjust it for that, Becky! I do think biscuit dough would work for this recipe though. You’ll have to let us know how it turns out!
Recipe calls for 1 cup of diced chicken. Is that “cooked” chicken?
Also, Broth is not listed in the ingredients, yet Instructions say to “… stir in broth and milk…” How much Broth for this recipe?
Sorry for the confusion Teri, the chicken should be cooked. You will need 1/2 cup broth.
Teri ….. where does it say anything about adding broth? I’ve read the recipe over and over and don’t see any mention of broth. I’d like to save this recipe to use in the future but id like it to be correct.
Hi Barb, this recipe has seen been updated for better consistency. We no longer add broth to the mixture. Hope that helps!
Thank you for your very quick response! ….. have now saved the recipe and look forwatd to making it
can you use any pan as long as you can fit it the oven
You should be able to. Low ones yes. If you have a tall pan that may be difficult. I have used a variety of pans. I can even fit a small cast iron skillet in mine. If it fits, it should cook!
What size Air Fryer did you use that fits a small cast iron skillet?
Hi Teri, we often use a 5.8QT air fryer. But you can check out our favorite air fryer accessories here. You may be able to find something that will work well for your size of air fryer!