Air Fryer Baby Potatoes are a restaurant-worthy side that can be made any time to up-level any meal!
Garlic roasted rosemary baby potatoes are a savory and fragrant side dish or appetizer made even easier by cooking them in the air fryer. Red and gold Yukon potatoes are oiled and then seasoned with garlic, thyme, and rosemary and then baked to crispy perfection on the outside while becoming light and fluffy on the inside.
Air Fryer Baby Potatoes
PIN IT to your SIDE DISH board for later!
Follow Everything Air Fryer and more on Pinterest for More Great Ideas!
Best Air Fryer Baby Potatoes
- Homemade air fried baby potatoes are the perfect recipe idea for a picnic, barbecue, or to take to a party! Make the air fryer pull double duty and serve rosemary potatoes with Air Fryer Roast Chicken, Air Fryer Steaks, or Air Fryer Bourbon Meatloaf.
- Inexpensive and easy to find (or grow!) potatoes come in dozens of shapes, sizes, and colors and can be prepared in so many ways. And the air fryer is the best way to get them on the table in minutes with minimal prep and clean-up.
Ingredients & Variations
POTATOES: Yukon golds are extra starchy and will cook up light and fluffy on the inside. This recipe can also be used with large cubes or slices of Russet potatoes, white, yellow, even purple potatoes or fingerlings. Choose fresh potatoes that are free of eyes, soft spots, or broken skins.
SEASONINGS: Rosemary, thyme, and garlic give these potatoes their signature flavor. Other seasonings like oregano, parsley, paprika, or a dash of red chili powder give air fryer potatoes a new flavor to match any meal!
How to Cook Potatoes in Air Fryer
This recipe is so versatile and easy to make!
- Rinse and slice the potatoes in half.
- Toss them in the herbed oil mixture and place them in the air fryer in a single layer.
- Cook the potatoes in the air fryer (per the recipe below) shaking the basket halfway through.
PRO TIP: Tossing potatoes in leftover bacon grease with the herbs mixed in gives a heartier flavor to the potatoes.
Tips for Crispy Potatoes
- Always preheat the air fryer before using it so the exterior of the potatoes gets crispy while the inside stays soft and tender.
- For cheesy potatoes, add grated parmesan cheese to the seasoned oil before cooking.
- Leave plenty of room between the potatoes so the air can circulate all around them. Cook in batches if necessary and keep cooked batches warm in the oven.
- Reheat leftovers in the air fryer again to regain their crispiness.
More Potatoes in the Air Fryer
- Vortex Air Fryer Scalloped Potatoes – super yummy
- Instant Vortex Air Fryer Potatoes Au Gratin – creamy and cheesy!
- Vortex Air Fryer Home Fried Potatoes – a comfort dish
- Vortex Air Fryer Loaded Smashed Potatoes – loaded with toppings
- Air Fryer Baby Potatoes – hearty side dish ready in minutes!
Air Fryer Roasted Garlic & Rosemary Potatoes
- 1 pound mini gold & red yukon potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat Air Fryer to 350°F.
- Rinse and halve potatoes.
- In a large bowl, combine olive oil, garlic, thyme, rosemary, salt, and pepper.
- Add potatoes and toss in the herb mixture.
- Put potatoes in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
- Cook for 13-15 minutes shaking the basket halfway through the cooking time.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© EverythingAirFryer.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!