Air fryer home fries are fast, easy, and delicious!
Roasted on the outside and tender on the inside, lightly seasoned home fries are a perfect match with any breakfast or brunch entrée. Make the recipe as directed or switch up the seasonings to change the flavor profile. The air fryer saves the day again with this simple side dish that always pleases!
Quick & Easy Fried Potatoes in the Air Fryer
- Diced home fried potatoes are ready in minutes, especially on busy weekday mornings!
- Fried potatoes in the air fryer use less oil and still come out crispy and tender every time!
- Perfect with eggs, or dressed up with peppers and onions and added to homemade breakfast burritos!
Ingredients & Variations
POTATOES: Fresh russets are the best choice because they are extra starchy which makes them extra fluffy. No need to peel!
SEASONINGS: Just a little salt & pepper and olive oil are all that is needed for perfectly tasty potatoes that can be dipped in favorite dressings or dips like this microwave buffalo sauce.
ADD-INS: Colorful bell peppers, onions, and mushrooms will bulk up this recipe and make it even more hearty and healthy!
How to Make Air Fryer Home Fries
This easy recipe is made with just 4 ingredients and ready in just 15 minutes!
- Dice potatoes and toss with oil and seasonings.
- Air fry as per the recipe below.
NOTE: Home fries are usually diced potatoes, but this recipe can be adapted for thick-sliced potatoes, wedges, or chunks.
Tips for Crispy Home Fries
- For an extra crispy exterior, soak potato slices or diced potatoes in cold water for about 15 minutes to remove excess starch.
- In a pinch for time? Use frozen home fries (with or without peppers and onions) and simply add extra time to the air fryer!
- Keep leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Reheat in the air fryer before serving or add them to a breakfast casserole or add to air fryer sausage, peppers, and onions
More Potato Recipes in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Twice Baked Potatoes– Crispy, cheesy, and stuffed!
- Air Fryer Roasted Garlic & Rosemary Potatoes – Flavorful
- Air Fryer Potato Chips – A crispy snack
- Air Fryer Potato Wedges – Made for dipping
Air Fryer Home Fries
- 3 potatoes diced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat your air fryer to 400°F.
- Dice potatoes and toss with olive oil and seasonings
- Place in the air fryer basket and cook for 12-14 minutes or until potatoes are cooked and golden brown in color.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© EverythingAirFryer.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!