Roasted to perfection these homemade Air Fryer Potato Wedges are an easy and quick side dish.
Everyone in the family will enjoy these potatoes. They can be eaten plain. They are also great for dipping in a sweet sauce, ketchup, or chipotle sauce. Cooked with a small spoonful of olive oil and coated with simple spices these wedges come out crispy and delicious from the air fryer.
Air Fryer Potato Wedges
PIN IT to your APPETIZER board for later!
Follow Everything Air Fryer and more on Pinterest for More Great Ideas!
Easy Homemade Potato Wedges
- Because these wedges are made in the air fryer there is very little oil. Just a spoonful of olive oil.
- Make these out of fresh potatoes from the garden or market for a crispier result.
- Making potato wedges in the air fryer is a lot quicker than roasting in the oven and yields fantastic results.
- Serve these as an appetizer at a party or potluck with some dipping sauce.
Best Potatoes to Use
POTATOES: The best potatoes to use are Russet Potatoes. Make sure they are smooth and free of blemishes. One secret to extra crispy potatoes is to cut them, and then let them soak for an hour or so before cooking. Remember to pat them dry, so there is no moisture left. Then add the olive oil and the spices. SPICES: The secret spices to this recipe are just a little salt, pepper, and paprika. However, if a spicier potato is desired, then sprinkle with cayenne.
How to Make Air Fryer Potato Wedges
Just a few steps to these great tasting and crispy potato wedges:
- Cut the potatoes and add them to the mixing bowl.
- Coat with oil & spices.
- Cook in the air fryer (as per recipe below).
How to Reheat Wedges & How to Store Them
To reheat these potato wedges in the air fryer, preheat the air fryer to 370°F. Add the potato wedges and heat for 3 minutes. To store leftovers, place them in an airtight container. They will keep in the refrigerator for 3-5 days.
Other Air Fryer Potato Recipes
- Air Fryer Parmesan Crusted Sweet Potato Fries – try these sweet fries!
- Air Fryer Scalloped Potatoes – these are cheesy and creamy
- Air Fryer Mini Potato Skins – great game night snack
- Air Fryer Praline Sweet Potatoes – sweet and nutty!
- Air Fryer Potato Chips – crisp and crunchy
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Wedges – quick & easy appetizer
Air Fryer Potato Wedges
- 2 medium potatoes cut into wedges
- 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F.
- Peel and cut the potatoes into wedges. Cut in quarters and then cut again for 8 pieces from each potato.
- Place potato wedges in a large bowl. Add seasoning and mix well to combine.
- Place the wedges in the air fryer basket and cook for 15 minutes. Shake the basket and continue cooking the wedges for another 10 minutes or until crisp.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© EverythingAirFryer.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
REPIN this Air Fryer Potato Wedges Recipe
Made them last week and just made them today.
I am so glad you are enjoying this recipe Ron!
The time is really confusing. Cook them fir 15 minutes, shake them halfway through, then cook for 10 more minutes? So shake them at 7-1/2 minutes, then cook for 7-1/2 more and it’s done? Or 10 minutes more? Or 10 more minutes after the first 15?
Sorry for the confusion Greg! We cook the wedges for 15 minutes, shake the basket, and cook for an additional 10 minutes. I hope this helps!