This air fryer sweet potato recipe is made with an easy, must-try parmesan crust!
Get pub menu-worthy sweet potato fries in minutes using the air fryer. This recipe takes thick wedges of sweet potatoes coated in garlic powder and parmesan cheese and roasts them to a golden brown, crispy snack that is sure to disappear in minutes!
The Best Sweet Potato Wedges
- Sweet potatoes are the healthier version of french fries and are packed with nutrients.
- This recipe cuts them into wedges but slices or sticks will work too. Or cut them into cubes and make a delish side dish!
- The air fryer makes homemade sweet potato wedges that come out crisp on the outside and fluffy and tender on the inside.
- Quick and easy, no oven needed, and minimal clean-up!
- Try them with air fryer pork bites for a complete meal.
Ingredients & Variations
SWEET POTATOES: Choose potatoes that are fresh and heavy without scrapes or soft spots. No need to peel them! Regular potatoes will work for this recipe as well.
OIL: Olive oil has a clean, herby flavor and a high smoke point that make it a winner for air frying. For a delicious twist toss sweet potatoes in melted bacon grease, if available.
SEASONINGS: Season those spuds just like the recipe calls for, or mix the parmesan cheese with any of these DIY blends for a new spin on your fries every time!
Use a basic seasoned salt blend, make spicy spuds with cajun seasoning, or try everyone’s fave ranch-style seasoning.
DIPS: A simple garlic aioli is my go-to dip when it comes to sweet potato fries. But if you’re looking to get more creative, find some ‘dip-spiration’ recipes to try here: blue cheese dip, ranch dressing, onion ring sauce, or add a little spice with buffalo sauce.
How to Make Sweet Potato Fries in the Air Fryer
It takes just a few easy steps:
- Soak potato wedges in cold water, drain and pat them with a paper towel.
- Toss them with the remaining ingredients, making sure to press the cheese mixture into the potatoes (per the recipe below).
- Air fry until golden brown and tender.
Serve hot, as an appetizer with your favorite dips, or as the perfect crispy side dish!
PRO TIP: Frozen sweet potatoes (any style) can be used by simply adding 7-8 minutes to the cooking time.
Tips for Crispy Sweet Potato Wedges
- Don’t skip the soaking step! Soaking helps draw out excess starch so the sweet potatoes fry up super crispy.
- Choose grated over shredded parmesan cheese as it will cling better to the fries.
- If using shredded, make it finer by placing it in a plastic bag and using a rolling pin to crush it.
- Use the air fryer to reheat leftover sweet potato wedges.
Favorite Air Fryer Potato Recipes
- Air Fryer Potato Wedges – Easy and quick
- Air Fryer Roasted Garlic & Rosemary Potatoes – A restaurant-worthy side
- Air Fryer Potato Chips – A delicious snack
- Air Fryer Poutine Fries – So cheesy
- Air Fryer Frozen Sweet Potato Fries – A fan favorite
Air Fryer Sweet Potato Wedges
- 2 small sweet potatoes scrubbed and cut into wedges
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup parmesan cheese grated*
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F.
- Slice potatoes into wedges and soak for 15-30 minutes in cold water.**
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Drain the wedges and pat them dry with a paper towel. Toss with olive oil and press into the parmesan cheese mixture making sure all the potatoes are evenly coated.
- Place the wedges in the air fryer basket and cook for 11-12 minutes or until golden brown and tender.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© EverythingAirFryer.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
REPIN this Air Fryer Sweet Potato Recipe