This air fryer sweet potato recipe is made with an easy, must-try parmesan crust!
Get pub menu-worthy sweet potato fries in minutes using the air fryer. This recipe takes thick wedges of sweet potatoes coated in garlic powder and parmesan cheese and roasts them to a golden brown, crispy snack that is sure to disappear in minutes!
Air Fryer Sweet Potato Wedges
PIN IT to your SIDE DISHES board for later!
Follow Everything Air Fryer and more on Pinterest for More Great Ideas!
The Best Sweet Potato Wedges
- Sweet potatoes are the healthier version of french fries and are packed with nutrients.
- This recipe cuts them into wedges but slices or sticks will work too. Or cut them into cubes and make a delish side dish!
- The air fryer makes homemade sweet potato wedges that come out crisp on the outside and fluffy and tender on the inside.
- Quick and easy, no oven needed, and minimal clean-up!
- Try them with air fryer pork bites for a complete meal.
Ingredients & Variations
SWEET POTATOES: Choose potatoes that are fresh and heavy without scrapes or soft spots. No need to peel them! Regular potatoes will work for this recipe as well.
OIL: Olive oil has a clean, herby flavor and a high smoke point that make it a winner for air frying. For a delicious twist toss sweet potatoes in melted bacon grease, if available.
SEASONINGS: Season those spuds just like the recipe calls for, or mix the parmesan cheese with any of these DIY blends for a new spin on your fries every time!
DIPS: A simple garlic aioli is my go-to dip when it comes to sweet potato fries. But if you’re looking to get more creative, find some ‘dip-spiration’ recipes to try here: blue cheese dip, ranch dressing, onion ring sauce, or add a little spice with buffalo sauce.
How to Make Sweet Potato Fries in the Air Fryer
It takes just a few easy steps:
- Soak potato wedges in cold water, drain and pat them with a paper towel.
- Toss them with the remaining ingredients, making sure to press the cheese mixture into the potatoes (per the recipe below).
- Air fry until golden brown and tender.
Serve hot, as an appetizer with your favorite dips, or as the perfect crispy side dish!
PRO TIP: Frozen sweet potatoes (any style) can be used by simply adding 7-8 minutes to the cooking time.
Tips for Crispy Sweet Potato Wedges
- Don’t skip the soaking step! Soaking helps draw out excess starch so the sweet potatoes fry up super crispy.
- Choose grated over shredded parmesan cheese as it will cling better to the fries.
- If using shredded, make it finer by placing it in a plastic bag and using a rolling pin to crush it.
- Use the air fryer to reheat leftover sweet potato wedges.
Favorite Air Fryer Potato Recipes
- Air Fryer Potato Wedges – Easy and quick
- Air Fryer Roasted Garlic & Rosemary Potatoes – A restaurant-worthy side
- Air Fryer Potato Chips – A delicious snack
- Air Fryer Poutine Fries – So cheesy
- Air Fryer Frozen Sweet Potato Fries – A fan favorite
Air Fryer Sweet Potato Wedges
- 2 small sweet potatoes scrubbed and cut into wedges
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup parmesan cheese grated*
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F.
- Slice potatoes into wedges and soak for 15-30 minutes in cold water.**
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Drain the wedges and pat them dry with a paper towel. Toss with olive oil and press into the parmesan cheese mixture making sure all the potatoes are evenly coated.
- Place the wedges in the air fryer basket and cook for 11-12 minutes or until golden brown and tender.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© EverythingAirFryer.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!