Air Fryer Cabbage is a quick and easy dish that gets on the table in minutes!
The Irish were on to something when they created this classic cabbage and bacon recipe. Cabbage is cooked to tender perfection with slices of bacon which makes a perfect combination for a savory side or a main dish!
Amazing Air Fryer Cabbage
- It’s a great recipe for big families on a budget or to take to a potluck.
- Air fry cabbage and then keep it warm in a Crockpot and let everyone serve themselves.
- Low-carb and keto, air fryer recipes prepare fried foods that retain all their flavor while using fewer fats.
- Just in time for St. Patrick’s Day, air fryer cabbage is a hearty dish that goes perfectly with Air Fryer reuben roll ups or an Irish pot roast!
Ingredients and Variations
Cabbage: This recipe uses green cabbage, but any kind or color of cabbage will do. Combine green and red shredded cabbages for visual appeal, or even use napa cabbage. Shave time off prep and use a pre-shredded coleslaw mix or pre-cut bag of cabbage.
Bacon: Bacon makes everything taste better and it’s the perfect complement to mild flavored cabbage. This is also a good recipe for other pork proteins like slices of Polska kielbasa, ground pork sausage, or pork belly. Or go lower fat and use turkey bacon.
Variations: Instead of chopping the cabbage, try cutting it into cabbage wedges or even slice cabbage into steaks for air fryer cabbage steaks. Switch up the flavor by using your favorite seasoning. Sprinkle on the cabbage different spices like garlic powder, onion powder, old bay seasoning, red pepper flakes, chili powder, or even parmesan cheese for a new dish every time.
How to Make Air Fryer Cabbage
This recipe couldn’t be any easier, just prep, cook, and serve!
- Chop cabbage and toss cabbage with olive oil in a small bowl.
- Layer cabbage over 2 ice cubes in the air fryer (this will create steam and soften the cabbage).
- Top the cabbage with strips of raw bacon and air fry (per recipe below).
- Stir cabbage and bacon after 6 minutes and continue cooking until cabbage is tender and bacon is crispy.
Serve the cabbage with crumbled bacon bits on top.
If cooking for a crowd, keep cooked cabbage warm in the oven or Crockpot.
What to Serve with Air Fryer Cabbage
Serve with super-easy main dishes like these air fryer ham steaks or this tasty air fryer roast beef recipe. Air fried cabbage also tastes great with an easy roast chicken.
Serve alongside some low-carb easy air fryer radishes or some colorful air fryer roasted peppers.
There are so many recipes that can use leftover air fryer cabbage! Add them to a stir fry, cabbage soup, top a burger, or make homemade egg rolls!
Keep leftovers refrigerated in a covered container for up to 3 days. Reheat in the air fryer before serving.
Freeze cooled portions in zippered bags with the date labelled on the outside for up to 6 weeks. Once thawed, it will need to be drained before reheating.
Air Fryer Vegetable Recipes with Bacon!
Air Fryer Cabbage
- ½ small head of cabbage 5 cups, 12-14 oz
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2-3 ice cubes
- 2 slices bacon
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat the air fryer to 370°F.
- Chop the cabbage into 1″ pieces and toss with olive oil.
- Place two ice cubes in the air fryer basket. Place the cabbage on top of the ice cubes and top with uncooked bacon.
- Cook for 6 minutes. Stir cabbage and flip bacon over on top of the cabbage.
- Cook an additional 5-7 minutes or until the cabbage is tender and lightly browned. Be sure to check the bacon early and remove once it is crisp.
- Place the cabbage in a serving bowl and toss with any bacon drippings in the bottom of the air fryer. Season with salt and pepper.
- Crumble the bacon and toss with the cabbage.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© EverythingAirFryer.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
REPIN this Air Fryer Cabbage Recipe
Oh no! Sorry you didn’t love this recipe as much as we do Pam. We find the bacon gives it lots of flavor, but you can adjust the seasonings to your liking. Thank you for trying it.