Air Fryer Cabbage is a quick and easy dish that gets on the table in minutes!
The Irish were on to something when they created this classic cabbage and bacon recipe. Cabbage is cooked to tender perfection with slices of bacon which makes a perfect combination for a savory side or a main dish! Low-carb and keto, the air fryer prepares fried foods that retain all their flavor while using fewer fats.
Air Fryer Cabbage
PIN IT to your SIDE DISHES board for later!
Follow Everything Air Fryer and more on Pinterest for More Great Ideas!
Amazing Air Fryer Cabbage
- It’s a great recipe for big families on a budget or to take to a potluck.
- Keep it warm in a Crockpot and let everyone serve themselves.
- Just in time for St. Patrick’s Day, air fryer cabbage is a hearty dish that goes perfectly with Air Fryer Reuben Roll Ups or an Irish pot roast!
Ingredients and Variations
CABBAGE: Any kind or color of cabbage will do for this recipe. Combine green and red shredded cabbages for visual appeal. Shave time off prep and use a pre-shredded coleslaw mix or pre-cut bag of cabbage.
BACON: Bacon makes everything taste better and it’s the perfect complement to mild flavored cabbage. But this is also a good recipe for other pork proteins like slices of Polska kielbasa, ground pork sausage, or pork belly. Or go lower fat and use Air Fryer Turkey Bacon.
How to Make Air Fryer Cabbage
This recipe couldn’t be any easier, just prep, cook, and serve!
- Layer cabbage over 2 ice cubes in the air fryer (this will create steam and soften the cabbage).
- Top the cabbage with strips of raw bacon and cook (per recipe below).
- Stir cabbage and bacon after 6 minutes and continue cooking until cabbage is tender and bacon is crispy.
Serve the cabbage with crumbled bacon bits on top.
PRO TIP: If cooking for a crowd, keep cooked cabbage warm in the oven or Crockpot.
What to Serve with Air Fryer Cabbage
There are so many recipes that can use leftover air fryer cabbage! Add them to a stir fry, top a burger, or make homemade egg rolls! Keep leftovers refrigerated in a covered container for up to 3 days. Reheat in the air fryer before serving.
Freeze cooled portions in zippered bags with the date labeled on the outside for up to 6 weeks. Once thawed, it will need to be drained before reheating.
More Bacon and Vegetable Recipes
- Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Brussels Sprouts – sweet and salty
- Vortex Air Fryer Bacon Cauliflower Mac and Cheese – low carb
- Vortex Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers – a novel appetizer
- Instant Pot Southern Style Green Beans w/ Spinach, Bacon & Potatoes – go Southern
Air Fryer Cabbage
- ½ small head of cabbage 5 cups, 12-14 oz
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2-3 ice cubes
- 2 slices bacon
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat the air fryer to 370°F.
- Chop the cabbage into 1" pieces and toss with olive oil.
- Place two ice cubes in the air fryer basket. Place the cabbage on top of the ice cubes and top with uncooked bacon.
- Cook for 6 minutes. Stir cabbage and flip bacon over on top of the cabbage.
- Cook an additional 5-7 minutes or until the cabbage is tender and lightly browned. Be sure to check the bacon early and remove once it is crisp.
- Place the cabbage in a serving bowl and toss with any bacon drippings in the bottom of the air fryer. Season with salt and pepper.
- Crumble the bacon and toss with the cabbage.