Air fryer steak bites are savory, hearty bites of marinated beef made in minutes in the air fryer!
Serve as an appetizer, top a salad or load up your favorite burrito! There are so many different ways to use steak bites. They make great keto snacks or filling appetizers for guests. Serve them as a main dish, or for batch cooking to add to favorite recipes all week long.
Easy Garlic Butter Steak Bites
- The air fryer sears in the garlic butter while keeping the outside of the steak bites caramelized and crispy!
- Easy to make, portable, and always a crowd-pleaser, steak bites can be made to order! Rare, medium, or well done. Dips and sauces are always welcome!
- Even the toughest cuts of beef become juicy and tender in the air fryer.
- Make this recipe in advance and reheat it when needed!
Ingredients & Variations
BEEF: Use sirloin, rounds, strip loin, or ribeye. Precut steak cubes or strips can be cut down to size.
MARINADE: Soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce have tenderizing properties. Butter and garlic bring out the flavor!
SEASONINGS: Garlic butter is the best seasoning for steak bites, and so easy to create. Add extra seasonings like taco seasoning, adobo, or your own signature blend!
DIPPING SAUCE: Make an easy dip by combining ¼ cup of sour cream with mayonnaise, horseradish, lemon juice, and a minced clove of garlic with salt & pepper to taste. (See recipe notes)
How to Cook Steak Bites in the Air Fryer
Simple prep is the name of the game when it comes to air fryer recipes.
- Marinate prepared steak cubes (per the recipe below).
- Remove from the marinade and dab dry.
- Toss with the melted butter and air fry until browned.
PRO TIP: Lay the steak bits in a single layer. Cook in batches if needed and add them all back to the air fryer for 1-2 minutes before serving.
Tips for Juicy Steak Bites
- Marinate steak bites in a zippered bag and save on clean-up!
- For thicker cuts of beef, tenderize with a meat mallet until the meat is an equal thickness before cutting into cubes.
- Keep leftover steak bites in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days and freeze in zippered bags for up to 3 months. Thaw before reheating or serve chilled.
Best Side Dish Recipes
- Air Fryer Poutine – cheesy and crispy
- Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts with Bacon – quick and healthy
- Air Fryer Tater Tots (from frozen) – a tasty snack
- Air Fryer Corn on the Cob – juicy and sweet
Air Fryer Steak Bites
- 1 pound sirloin steak or strip loin or ribeye
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 ½ teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon melted salted butter
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- Cut steak into 1-inch cubes. Toss with oil, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, salt & pepper. Marinate 15 minutes.
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F.
- Remove the steak bites from the marinade and dab dry. Toss with melted butter.
- Add steak bites to the air fryer basket in a single layer and cook 6-7 minutes or until browned. Do not overcook.
- Toss with parsley and additional butter if desired. Serve with horseradish sauce below.
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 ½ tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 small clove garlic
- salt & pepper to taste
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© EverythingAirFryer.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
REPIN this Air Fryer Steak Bites Recipe
I was wondering if you can cook the steaks on the trays instead of the rotisserie basket. The recipe said to use the basket but also say to flip half way through, when using the basket does it not rotate on its own? Thank you!
Hi Emilee, in this recipe we cook the steaks in the main basket/tray area, not the rotisserie basket. I hope that helps.
When do you set the amount time when for your steak to cookRw
Hi Ruby, We set the time when we add the steaks to the air fryer and make sure to flip halfway through.
I have the Instant Vortex and it has a basket but no “racks”. What am I missing here? I also see where you said lower the temp but will that lessen the “char” on the outside of the steak? I’ve over cooked the 2 steaks I’ve attempted, hopefully tonights will be better.
Hi Amanda, it sounds like you have a different style of an air fryer. I believe the racks come with the Vortex Plus but this recipe will work great in both styles. These steaks don’t get the char like you would from a barbecue but they are still delicious and so easy to make. You will need to adjust the cooking time to your preference of doneness, as well as cook times can vary due to thickness and surrounding temps. So please remember these are estimates, we recommend using a meat thermometer to truly see how done your steak is!
What if you do not have a rack to cook your steak on? Can you still cool a steak? If so are there any tips or tricks for cooking it without a rack?
The Vortex comes with racks. If you are using a regular drawer-style air fryer you will just need to cook it a little longer. Make sure it will fit in the basket!
my vortex 7 qt did NOT come with anything extra!!
Hi Maureen, you can find some great air fryer accessories here that may work for your air fryer!
hi . i just bought the 7 qt, and it came with a coupon to buy a meat grill plate. it was only $15. It’s great
I’m new to this air fryer but will try this steak recipe today
Where should I put the steak? Top, middle or bottom rack?
Middle or low. High overcooks them!
Directions are not clear. I cook for 5 minutes and flip. Then do I cook another 5 minutes, or after flipping do I let them rest?
Cook for five minutes then flip and cook for another 5 minutes…or less. Just depends on how done you want your steaks!
I would like to have recipes for my Vortex air fryer
We are a 1st time owner/operator of an air fryer. LOL
Has anyone ever cooked meat and baked potatoes at the same time? Thanks.
Yes, I do all the time. Just make sure the potatoes are above the steak or the drippings will fall into the steak! Let us know how it goes!
I’m having trouble (with meats in general) not overcooking a smaller steak. I’m not a big meat eater but am trying to eat more! This is just disheartening. Thanks in advance!
The Vortex cooks faster than most air fryers I have used. Depending on the size of the steak you REALLY have to watch cook times and temps. The ones above are for a half-pound steak. 6oz may only need 5 minutes. Trying lowering the temp to 350 if you are still overcooking. Altitude and outside temp can greatly affect cook times/temps. You may need more or less in northern states.
LThe Vortex cooks quickly so if the steak is small make sure it is on the lowest rack. Keeping it further from the fan will help it from being overcooked.
I have 2 lbs of eye of round steaks and a mini vortex air fryer.
Im at a loss at how to cook them if I want them medium rare
Hi Abbe, we cooked out steaks at 400°F for 10 mins for medium-rare. You can check to make sure yours are cooked to 145°F internal temperature using a meat thermometer.
Thank you so much for creating this blog! I’ll be active 🙂
Great! Thanks for reading. Would love to hear about any good recipes you find and try for your self!
Can someone please specify the settings to select, air fry, bake, boil…? None of the recipes mention this which I think is important. Thank you in advance !
Can you cook steak in the 4in 1 vortex air fryer
However, which function we use? Broil, Roast, Air Fry, Bake, or???
I usually use Air Fry – they are honestly all about the same!