Sometimes it is just too hot (or rainy) to head outside and grill awesome steaks. Using this foolproof Vortex Air Fryer Steak method you can have amazing steaks at any time. Don’t forget the butter – it is a game-changer if you have never had it on steaks before!
Vortex Air Fryer Steak Cook Times:
You will need to adjust the cook time to your preference of doneness. These are estimates, please use a thermometer to truly see how done your steak is. Cook times can vary due to thickness and surrounding temps.
|Steak Doneness||Vortex Cook Time||Final Cooked Temperature|
|Rare||8 minutes||130 to 140°F|
|Medium Rare||10 minutes||145°F|
|Well Done||13 minutes||170°F|
Ribeyes cook incredibly well in a Vortex Air Fryer. Use a stand to keep it cooking even.
We recommend this thermometer to testing temps…
Vortex Air Fryer Steak Accessories:
If you want grill marks on your steaks you can get one of these to put in your fryer.
Vortex Air Fryer Steaks
- 1 lb Steaks (New York Strips or Ribeyes) Of course any smaller steak will work - too big and they won't fit
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons softened butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- Mix the butter, a little Worcestershire, parsley, and garlic in a bowl.
- Plop on wax paper or parchment and roll into a tube. Freeze it while prepping/cooking steaks.
- Pat the steaks dry. Salt and Pepper the steaks and cover with Worcestershire sauce.
- Marinate the steaks in Worcestershire sauce in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove the steaks and let them sit on the counter for 30. Room temperature is best!
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F.
- Place the steaks in the air fryer basket and cook for five minutes and flip halfway through.
- Take the steak out and let it rest for five minutes before eating.
- Cut a sliver of the garlic butter and place on the hot steak
This is a great one to pair with our Absolutely Awesome Vortex Twice Stuffed Baked Potatoes!