Cook up some tasty Tater Tots in the Air Fryer for a crispy snack!
When it comes to making quick snacks or appetizers, the air fryer is one of the best appliances around. For an easy appetizer, try this recipe for frozen tater tots. They come out crunchy and perfectly dippable every time!
Air Fryer Frozen Tater Tots
PIN IT to your APPETIZERS board for later!
Follow Everything Air Fryer and more on Pinterest for More Great Ideas!
Favorite Quick Appetizer
- This recipe has the perfect time & temperature to ensure perfect tater tots that are not overcooked or undercooked, and they are hot and ready in minutes!
- Frozen tater tots in the air fryer are perfect for dipping into a cheese sauce, some ketchup, or Ranch dressing.
- Add them to the top of a bowl of Instant Pot Smoked Chicken Chili w/ Poblanos & Pintos or this Cheesy Potato Soup made in the blender.
- Tater tots are great for getting the party started with their crispy crunch! Add some other frozen appetizers to the mix, like frozen mozzarella sticks or corn dogs.
Ingredients & Variations
TATER TOTS: Any brand is fine, even homemade tater tots or broccoli tots can be used. Just be sure to cook them from frozen, and make them in single-layer batches.
SEASONING SALT: This recipe calls for simple seasoning salt to add flavor, allowing the chef to dream up endless possibilities. Add some taco seasoning, chili powder, Greek seasoning, Ranch dressing mix, or parmesan cheese crumbs for a fun change of flavor.
EXTRAS Why not make a loaded version with bacon and melted cheese on top? Try adding small cups of dip, dressing, and sauce to the platter. Try barbecue sauce, ketchup, or honey mustard dip.
How to Cook Tater Tots in the Air Fryer
It’s super easy to make this two-ingredient favorite:
- Place frozen tater tots in a single layer in the preheated air fryer.
- Cook (as per the recipe below) shaking the basket once during the cooking time.
Season and serve.
Tips for Crispy Tater Tots
- Cook directly from frozen. Make sure the tater tots do not defrost before cooking, or they may not cook up as crispy and crunchy!
- Follow the cooking time and temperature given in the recipe for the best results.
- Reheat tater tots in the air fryer at the same temperature. They may only need a few minutes, so watch carefully to ensure they don’t burn.
Best Air Fryer Appetizers
- Air Fryer Onion Rings
- Easy Air Fryer Pork Bites
- Air Fryer Corn Dogs
- Air Fried Cheese Curds
- Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts with Bacon
- Air Fryer Pizza Rolls
- Air Fryer Tex Mex Egg Rolls
Air Fryer Tater Tots (from frozen)
- 16 ounces tater tots frozen
- seasoning salt to taste
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F.
- Place tater tots in the air fryer basket in a single layer.
- Cook for 12-14 minutes shaking the basket halfway through the cooking time.
- Season with salt to taste and serve.