This Air Fryer Broccoli Tots recipe is guaranteed to make the kids love their veggies!
Broccoli tater tots are super cheesy with a crispy golden-brown crust that makes them a healthy snack or side dish for snacking and dipping! Try them with an array of different dips for a crispy appetizer, or use them as a side dish with dinner.
Air Fryer Broccoli Tots
PIN IT to your SIDE DISHES board for later!
Follow Everything Air Fryer and more on Pinterest for More Great Ideas!
What are Broccoli Tots?
- Low-carb broccoli tots are the delicious counterpart to carb-heavy potato tater tots. But they still have all the crispy, crunchy flavor mixed with cheddar cheese! For even lower carbs use pork rinds for breading!
- Meal prep broccoli tots for quick, easy, and healthy after-school snacks or appetizers on movie night! Kids love ‘em—just watch them disappear!
- Broccoli tots are made with minimal oil and with minimal clean-up in only minutes! The air fryer makes all the best, healthiest appetizers and snacks!
- Serve these healthy tots with ranch, honey mustard sauce, or an extra creamy cheese sauce.
Ingredients & Variations
BROCCOLI: Use the entire part of the broccoli head; the florets and the stem for this recipe! Finely chop the pieces with a chef’s knife, or use a food processor to rice them. Cauliflower is an excellent switch for the broccoli or use a combination of both!
CHEESE: Cheddar cheese has a sharp flavor that complements broccoli but why not experiment with Swiss, a Mexican blend, parmesan, bleu cheese, or feta crumbles? There is no ‘wrong’ cheese for this recipe!
SEASONED BREAD CRUMBS: Use crushed pork rinds instead of breadcrumbs to make a low-carb version of broccoli tots.
ADD-INS: Chopped black olives, colorful diced bell peppers, chopped mushrooms, and even bacon bits will give broccoli tater tots a new look and taste every time!
How to Make Broccoli Tater Tots
These turn out crispy-crunchy with almost no effort.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Shape the mixture into tots and place them on a baking sheet.
- Spray with cooking spray and cook until crisp (per the recipe below).
These yummy tots will disappear as fast as you can make them. Especially when served with your family’s favorite dips!
Tips for Storing
- Keep homemade broccoli tots in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Re-crisp them in the air fryer before serving.
- Freeze chilled tots in a zippered bag up to 4 weeks.
- Frozen broccoli tots can be reheated in the air fryer, simply add extra minutes to the cooking time.
Favorite Broccoli Recipes
- Crispy Air Fryer Broccoli – With crispy bread crumbs
- Easy Air Fryer Broccoli – So quick to make
- Air Fryer Broccoli and Cauliflower – A healthy combo
Air Fryer Broccoli Tots
- 1 ¼ cup broccoli roasted and minced
- 1 egg
- ½ cup cheddar cheese shredded
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon mustard powder
- ¼ cup panko bread crumbs
- salt & pepper to taste
- cooking spray
- Preheat air fryer to 375°F.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl, adding more bread crumbs if needed to hold them together.
- Divide mixture into 1 tablespoon amounts and place on a baking sheet. Spray with cooking spray and place in the air fryer basket.
- Cook 10-12 minutes or until crisp.