Cheesy, breaded broccoli bites are a fun and delicious way to add healthy veggies onto any snack tray or appetizer platter!
Healthy broccoli is tossed in an egg mixture and then coated with Panko bread crumbs to give them a satisfying crunch! Make these broccoli bites in just minutes in the air fryer and watch them disappear!
Crispy & Delicious Side Dish
- Even the pickiest of eaters will love these breaded broccoli bites that are air fried in a crispy, parmesan cheese coating and ready for dipping and dunking!
- This amazing air fryer recipe turns ordinary veggies into healthy snacks and sides that will become family favorites in no time!
- Serve with these other delish air-fried veggie snacks and sides – parmesan crusted sweet potatoes, air fryer eggplant, spicy air fryer dill pickles or air fryer onion rings.
Ingredients & Variations
BROCCOLI: Choose heads of broccoli that are fresh, heavy, and free of any blemishes. Cut broccoli into bite-sized florets. This recipe also works for cauliflower, thick coins of zucchini, and brussels sprouts that are halved!
COATING: Panko, breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, and some Italian seasoning make a savory, crunchy coating for all kinds of veggies! Here’s a DIY seasoning blend that you can use anytime.
To make it low-carb, try subbing out bread crumbs for crushed pork rinds and extra parmesan cheese!
How to Make Breaded Broccoli
Just follow these 4 easy steps for the perfect breaded broccoli recipe!
- Combine coating ingredients in a bowl (per the recipe below).
- Whisk wet ingredients together and toss with broccoli.
- Let excess drip off and toss in the breadcrumb mixture.
- Spray with cooking spray and air fry until crisp and golden!
PRO TIP: Save time by placing breading in a zippered bag and shaking several pieces of broccoli at the same time.
Tips for Crispy Breading
The best results come from taking a couple of extra prep steps!
- For perfectly fried broccoli, make sure the florets are very dry before dipping into the coating. This can be done by placing them under the broiler for about 3 minutes so they are perfectly dry without cooking them.
- Add a ½ teaspoon of corn starch to the bread crumb mixture. Corn starch expands when it’s moistened and will help the mixture adhere better.
Favorite Air Fryer Veggies
- Air Fryer Cheesy Garlic Cauliflower – Cheesy and delicious
- Air Fryer Broccoli Tots – A kid-friendly favorite
- Crispy Air Fryer Okra – Another crispy bite
- Air Fryer Zucchini Fries – A healthy fry alternative!
Crispy Air Fryer Broccoli
- 1 head broccoli about 4 cups
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- cooking spray
- ¾ cup Panko bread crumbs
- ¾ cup seasoned bread crumbs
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Preheat air fryer to 375°F. Cut broccoli into florets.
- Mix coating ingredients in a bowl.
- Whisk egg and dijon in a bowl until well combined. Toss with broccoli and season with salt & pepper if desired.
- Remove broccoli from the egg mixture allowing excess to drip off. Gently toss with bread crumbs.
- Lightly spray the coated broccoli with cooking spray.
- Place in a single layer in the air fryer basket and cook 5 minutes. Flip broccoli over and air fry 5-6 minutes more or until crisp and golden.