Spicy Air Fryer Dill Pickle Spears
Zesty dill pickles with a crispy coating.Pin Recipe Print Recipe
Servings 4 servings
- 16 dill pickle wedges
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 egg
- cooking spray
- ⅔ cup panko bread crumbs
- ⅓ cup seasoned bread crumbs
- ½ teaspoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper more or less to taste
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- Whisk eggs in a small bowl. Combine breading ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Dab pickles dry with paper towels and toss with flour. Dip pickles in the beaten egg mixture and remove allowing excess to drip off.
- Dip into the breading mixture gently pressing to adhere. Spray with cooking spray.
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F.
- Place pickles in a single layer in the basket. Cook 7-9 minutes or until golden. Repeat with remaining pickles.
- Pickles should be cooked in a single layer. Cook in batches if needed.
- Once all batches are cooked add them back to the air fryer to heat through before serving.
- Spray the pickles with cooking spray before putting them in the air fryer. Cooking spray can damage the basket.
Calories: 159kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 41mg | Sodium: 1360mg | Potassium: 200mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 532IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 101mg | Iron: 2mg