Move over potato chips, because air fryer zucchini chips are moving in!
Every home cook needs a copy of this zucchini chips air fryer recipe. Crispy on the outside, tender on the inside, these veggie treats are a great way to get kids (and adults too!) to eat their vegetables. Serve with marinara sauce for an excellent easy dip!
Best Crispy Zucchini Chips
- Breaded zucchini chips, covered in salty parmesan cheese, Panko, and seasoned bread crumbs, are just the ticket when a crunchy snack is called for. These are so much healthier than potato chips or other processed food!
- Looking for a keto or low-carb version? Just substitute almond flour for breadcrumbs and keep the rest of the recipe the same. So simple!
- It’s so easy to find dips and dressings to go with zucchini crisps. Try simple marinara, cheese sauce, ranch dip or dressing, or even chip dip.
- Serve with other tasty air fryer appetizers like air fryer eggplant, Tex-Mex egg rolls, or some crispy broccoli tots.
Ingredients & Variations
ZUCCHINI Choose zucchinis that have firm flesh. Yellow or green zucchini will do. Remember to trim off the ends. Then slice into ½-inch coins, so they are almost like chips, and be sure to cut them evenly. Use a mandolin if one is handy.
If it is one of those mammoth variety zucchinis from the garden, then remember to scoop out the seeds. If it is very large it may be necessary to cut the rounds in half or quarters. To help the crumb mixture to stick, make sure that the zucchini is dry.
CRUMB COATING A mix of Panko and seasoned breadcrumbs makes the perfect crunchy coating. To make it full keto, substitute the bread crumbs with almond flour. If the chef has tapioca flour on hand, a mixture of half tapioca and half almond flour can be used.
How to Make Zucchini Chips in the Air Fryer
There are just a few simple steps to perfectly crispy crunchy zucchini chips!
- Cut zucchini and prepare the crumb coating.
- Toss the zucchini in the beaten egg then dip in the crumb coating
- Spray with oil, cook (per the recipe below), and enjoy!
Tips for a Crispy Bread Coating
- Remember that the zucchini chips should be cooked in a single layer in the air fryer. Don’t stack or crowd them.
- Don’t cut zucchini coins too thin. They should be somewhat thick, about ¼ to ½ inch thick, so that they stay crunchy and do not cook too fast.
- Spray the chips with a little cooking oil, unless the air fryer being used is non-stick. The less oil, the better for super crunchy breadcrumb coating.
- Remove zucchini chips promptly from the air fryer. Cooking them for too long will release juices inside the zucchini and may make the coating soggy.
- To keep zucchini chips crunchy when reheating, be sure to preheat the air fryer to 390°F, and use a very small amount of oil. Air fry for 3 minutes. Once they have crisped back up, remove them and drain them on a paper towel before serving.
More Zucchini Recipes in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Salmon and Zucchini – healthy and hearty
- Air Fryer Zucchini Fries – healthy snack
- Air Fryer Zucchini Skins – easy to make
- Low Carb Vortex Air Fryer Zucchini Lasagna – so cheesy
Air Fryer Zucchini Chips
- 1 medium zucchini cut into ½" coins
- 1 beaten egg
- cooking spray
- ⅔ cup Panko bread crumbs
- ⅔ cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Preheat air fryer to 375°F.
- Mix coating ingredients in a bowl.
- Toss zucchini with egg. Dip zucchini into the coating mixture gently pressing to adhere.
- Lightly spray zucchini with cooking spray.
- Place in a single layer in the air fryer basket and cook 6 minutes. Turn zucchini over and air fry 6-8 minutes more or until crisp and zucchini is tender.
Reheat in the air fryer at 375°F for 3-5 minutes or until heated through. Nutritional information accounts for 1/2 of the crumb mixture.