Air fryer meatloaf can’t be any easier or more delicious!
This simple recipe makes juicy, flavorful meatloaves with a rich and robust bourbon glaze that’s infused into every bite! Meatloaf in the air fryer is a classic comfort food that’s super easy to prep from just a few pounds of ground meat and is sure to become a fast family favorite.
Best Air Fryer Meatloaves
- Meatloaf is perfect for weeknight dinners and weekday work lunches!
- They taste delicious whether served hot or cold!
- Thisr ecipe is so easy to make and can be made in advance and served with air fryer mac and cheese or air fryer baby potatoes.
- For a fun kid-friendly twist, shape these into mini meatloaves!
- Bake and freeze meatloaves for future meals! They can easily be thawed in the refrigerator and reheated in the air fryer or microwave!
Ingredients & Variations
MEAT: For extra juicy meatloaves, use an 80/20 blend to retain some fat which carries all that amazing flavor. A combination of beef and pork or any ground meats like turkey and chicken can be added to the beef.
SEASONINGS: Store-bought steak seasoning, garlic, and some Worcestershire sauce are all you need for a savory meatloaf. Bourbon adds a deep, smoky flavor that tastes like it’s been baking all day, but it’s totally optional.
ADD-INS: Finely diced bell peppers, mushrooms, or shredded zucchini add a punch of color, flavor, and nutrition!
How to Make Air Fryer Meatloaf
This easy air fryer meatloaf comes together in just 30 mins!
- Whisk the sauce ingredients together and set aside.
- Combine meatloaf ingredients (as per the recipe below).
- Shape into two small loaves and roast in the air fryer.
How Long to Cook Meatloaf in the Air Fryer?
Bake air fryer meatloaf for 20 minutes, and then top with sauce and cook another 4 to 5 minutes, or until the sauce has caramelized.
PRO TIP: Place a slice of bread on the bottom of the air fryer basket or tray to soak up any grease, making clean-up a cinch!
Tips for Juicy Meatloaf
- For the best juicy flavor, avoid overmixing the meatloaf mixture so it’s not too dense.
- Keep leftovers covered in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat in the air fryer or serve cold as a salad topper or in a hearty meatloaf sandwich!
- Freeze slices in zippered bags for up to 1 month.
More Ground Beef Recipes in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Meat Sauce – Saucy and delicious!
- Instant Vortex Air Fryer Meatballs – Juicy and tender
- Air Fryer Ground Beef – Tasty
- Air Fryer Hamburgers – Juicy and quick
Air Fryer Meatloaf with Bourbon Glaze
- 1 pound ground beef or beef/pork mix
- ⅓ cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- ½ medium onion minced, red or white
- 1 cloves garlic minced
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon steak seasoning
- 1 tablespoon milk
- ½ cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- Preheat the air fryer to 350°F.
- Combine ingredients in a medium bowl and mix until combined.
- Divide the mixture into two small loaves about 5 inches long and 2 inches wide.
- Place in the air fryer basket and bake for 20 minutes, then top with the sauce and cook an additional 4-5 minutes.
- Remove from the air fryer and let rest for 5 minutes.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© EverythingAirFryer.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
REPIN this Air Fryer Meatloaf with Bourbon Glaze Recipe
I get frustrated that your recipes don’t say to use air fry, roast or bake, so which one do you use for this recipe?
Hi Sandy, we use the air fry setting, unless stated otherwise, on every recipe. I hope this helps!
Why preheat? And I sure wish there was a low sodium option…
Hi Sandra, preheating the air fryer helps create a crisp exterior and lock in the moisture by having that initial blast of heat.
I want to try this, but I am confused…one part says put into a loaf pan, but the actual recipe says make 2 5″x2″ loaves and put in basket. Help! LOL My fryer doesn’t have the basket, just racks, but I could use the recipe, just confused over which way to make it!
Hi Toni, Sorry for the confusion. For the best results, follow the recipe and make two small loaves about 5 inches long and 2 inches wide. Enjoy!
Can you use a glass loaf pan in air fryer?
Hi Robert, you can use any oven-safe dish in an air fryer. 🙂
Nutritional values have to be way off. Is it for the entire loaf?
Hi Teri, the nutritional value is per slice of meatloaf, if you slice it into 6 slices.