Stuffed Spaghetti Squash cooks to perfection in the air fryer!
The air fryer is everyone’s new favorite appliance because it cooks nearly everything with less time, less fat, and less cleanup! This recipe for low-carb, stuffed spaghetti squash is one of those uber-winning air fryer recipes that deliver flavor, nutrition, and a stunning plate presentation!
Air Fryer Stuffed Spaghetti Squash
PIN IT to your MAIN DISHES board for later!
Follow Everything Air Fryer and more on Pinterest for More Great Ideas!
Best Stuffed Spaghetti Squash
- Spaghetti squash is affordable, easy to work with, and has a delicate flavor that goes with everything! And the combination of seasoned beef, marinara, and loads of cheesy parmesan will make this a meal to remember.
- Prepped, cooked, and on the table in less time than oven-baking. Air fryers are a kitchen must-have for this hearty, healthy main dish.
- Prep and bake in advance and reheat throughout the week for lunches and dinners. Serve with a side of Air Fryer Roasted Snap Peas, Easy Air Fryer Radishes, or some Air Fryer Roasted Peppers.
Ingredients & Variations
SQUASH Choose spaghetti squash that is firm and heavy with no soft spots or discolorations. Acorn squash, butternut squash, and zucchini boats can be used, too!
MARINARA Keep it quick and easy with a jar of pre-made marinara sauce. Add some extra seasonings like garlic powder, oregano, rosemary, or basil to punch up the flavor, if desired.
MEAT Ground beef is a perfect low-carb protein, but so is ground Italian sausage or turkey, shredded chicken, even frozen mini meatballs make this a new recipe every time! A great recipe for leftovers, too!
CHEESE Air fryer spaghetti squash is made even more delicious from generous doses of parmesan cheese! Don’t skimp on this as it adds a creamy, tangy flavor to the dish. Crumbled feta or even bleu cheese crumbles make great toppings with the parmesan!
How to Cook Stuffed Spaghetti Squash in the Air Fryer
A few easy steps are all it takes to prep this delicious meal!
- Prepare the spaghetti squash (as directed in the recipe below).
- Cook the ground beef, onion, and garlic and drain the grease.
- In a bowl, mix marinara with the ground beef, return to the air fryer and cook.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese into the cooked spaghetti squash strands and return to the bottom of each spaghetti squash shell.
- Top with sauce/meat mixture, leftover parmesan cheese, and return to the air fryer to heat through or until the cheese is melted.
Tips & Tricks
- To speed up heating the filled spaghetti squash in the air fryer, place the sauce/meat mixture in the microwave for about 2 minutes first.
- Save leftover air fryer stuffed spaghetti squash covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. For best results, reheat portions in the air fryer.
- Freeze cooled portions by wrapping them in plastic wrap and then sealing them in a zippered bag with the date labeled on it. They will keep about 4 weeks.
More Squash Recipes
- Crock Pot Butternut Squash Soup – a comforting soup!
- Air Fryer Butternut Squash and Sausage – a delicious pairing
- Vortex Air Fryer Summer Squash Fritters – crispy!
- Air Fryer Mini Squash Soufflé – so yummy
Air Fryer Stuffed Spaghetti Squash
- 1 medium spaghetti squash 3 lbs
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 24 ounces marinara sauce or pasta sauce
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup cheese + extra for topping mozzarella or cheddar, shredded
- ½ cup parmesan cheese shredded
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat the air fryer to 370°F. Slice the spaghetti squash in half, scoop out the seeds and discard.
Cook Spaghetti Squash
- Brush the squash with olive oil and place in the air fryer cut side up and cook for 25-30 minutes or until fork tender.
- Once the squash is cooked, gently scrape the insides into a large bowl and set it aside. Reserve the shells for filling.
- Increase the temperature of the Air Fryer to 380°F.
- Mix ground beef, diced onion, and minced garlic in a bowl. *see note Place the beef mixture in the air fryer basket and use a spoon to spread it out a little bit. Cook for 5 minutes and use a spoon to break up the meat. Cook for an additional 5 minutes until the beef is browned and no pink remains. Drain any fat.
- Combine the marinara sauce with the ground beef and Italian seasoning in an air fryer safe pan or bowl. Return to the air fryer and cook for 10 minutes or until bubbly.
- While the sauce is cooking combine the cheese with the cooked spaghetti squash and place it back into the squash shell.
- Top with the ground beef mixture. Top with extra shredded cheese.
- Place the squash back into the air fryer and cook for 7-9 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Brown the beef, onion and garlic in a pan. Drain fat.
- Add sauce ingredients and simmer 5 minutes.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© EverythingAirFryer.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!