This Mexican lasagna recipe is easy and delish, all made up in the air fryer in minutes!
Layers of spicy beef, peppers, and heaps of cheese are covered in enchilada sauce and cooked to perfection in the air fryer. It’s the perfect recipe for any occasion. It’s sure to be a favorite with the whole family.
Air Fryer Mexican Lasagna
- Mexican lasagna with tortillas comes out hot and cheesy with crispy tortillas around the edges. It’s as much fun to make as it is to eat!
- Bring a south-of-the-border twist to a classic lasagna with this fun Mexican lasagna recipe that layers seasoned beef, veggies, and cheese between a stack of tortillas to make a deliciously easy side dish or main course!
- Offer tasty toppings like sour cream, salsa, or guacamole! The options are endless! Serve up some Mexican corn (elote) and some air fryer stuffed avocado and make a party of it!
Ingredients & Variations
TORTILLAS: Use 6” flour or corn tortillas or cut tortillas to fit. Precooked lasagna noodles can be used if tortillas aren’t available.
ADD-INS: There’s room for all your favorite taco extras! Corn, jalapenos, green chilis, black olives, diced onions, and tomatoes.
How to Make Mexican Lasagna
- Prepare beef per recipe below (in the air fryer or on the stovetop).
- Layer enchilada sauce, tortilla, cheese, beef and peppers, and more sauce.
- Repeat layers 2 more times. Cook until cheese is melted.
- Garnish with cilantro before cutting into wedges. Serve hot.
Air Fryer Tips & Tricks
- Always preheat the air fryer and line the basket or tray with parchment paper for this recipe.
- Grease the sides with cooking spray so the lasagna doesn’t stick.
- Check for doneness halfway through the cooking time since air fryer times and temps can vary.
- Allow Mexican lasagna to rest for about 5 minutes before removing and serving.
How to Store Mexican Lasagna
Keep leftover Mexican lasagna in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat portions in the air fryer. Freeze wedges in zippered bags for up to 4 weeks. Reheat from frozen, if desired.
More Mexican Dishes in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Chicken Fajitas – Quick and easy
- Air Fryer Frozen Taquitos – Crunchy
- Air Fryer Taco Meat – Simple
- Air Fryer Brisket Tacos – Flavorful
Air Fryer Mexican Lasagna
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 10 ounces enchilada sauce
- 2 cups Mexican cheese blend shredded, or more to taste
- 1 green bell pepper diced, or red bell pepper
- 4 flour tortillas 6-inch
- Preheat the air fryer to 380°F.
- Combine ground beef, taco seasoning, and 3 tablespoons of water in a bowl. Mix well.
- Put the beef mixture directly into the air fryer basket and cook 5 minutes. Break the beef up with a spoon and cook an additional 5 minutes or until browned. *see note
- Reduce the air fryer to 350°F.
- Line the bottom of an air fryer safe pan with parchment paper. Grease the sides.
- Place 3 tablespoons of enchilada sauce in bottom of the pan.
- Layer 1 tortilla, ⅓ of the cheese, ⅓ of the beef mixture, ⅓ of the bell peppers, and ½ cup of enchilada sauce. Repeat layers 2 more times.
- Top with 1 tortilla and any remaining enchilada sauce. Cover the dish tightly with foil.
- Bake for 16-20 minute or until cheese is melted. Cool in the dish 5 minutes.
- Run a knife along the edges of the dish to loosen the tortillas. Flip the dish over onto a serving plate.
- Cut into wedges and garnish as desired.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© EverythingAirFryer.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!