There are endless uses for taco meat made in the air fryer, and it is so easy to make!
Air fryer taco meat is the everyday recipe you didn’t know you needed! Seasoned ground beef is cooked fast and easy in the air fryer with minimal prep, minimal clean-up, and maximum flavor. Why not try it for dinner tonight?
Taco Meat in Air Fryer
PIN IT to your MAIN DISHES board for later!
Follow Everything Air Fryer and more on Pinterest for More Great Ideas!
15 Minute Air Fryer Taco Meat
- Homemade taco meat is so easy to make in the air fryer, and it comes out tender, juicy, and so flavorful!
- This is the perfect recipe for future meal prep! Cooking in batches saves valuable minutes. Just cook, cool, freeze, and reheat!
- Use this recipe for taco or Mexican night in all kinds of meals like crispy taco salads, grande burritos, cheesy Mexican lasagna, spicy taco soup, hearty chili, and even southwest omelets or Tex-Mex egg rolls.
Ingredients & Variations
MEAT: Ground beef is the norm here, but any combination of ground beef and ground chicken or pork will work.
SEASONINGS: Keep it easy and use store-bought packets of taco seasoning or season it the homemade way with this DIY taco seasoning blend. Tailor the ingredients to your taste!
How to Make Taco Meat in the Air Fryer
Less than 15 minutes and just 3 simple steps to this easy weeknight recipe!
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Place the seasoned meat mixture in the air fryer, flattening slightly.
- Break up the meat halfway through cooking, (as per the recipe below).
Serve while still hot or let cool and store for future meals. It’s that simple!
How Much Taco Meat Per Person?
For tacos, calculate 4 ounces of cooked taco meat per taco or burrito per person. For taco salad, plan for 6 ounces of cooked taco meat per person.
Tips for Storing Leftovers
Keep leftover taco meat in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Reheat in the air fryer, on the stove-top, or in the microwave. Or add it to avocado taco boats or a delicious copycat crunch wrap supreme.
Freeze leftover taco meat in zippered bags for up to 6 weeks. Reheat from frozen in the air fryer or in the microwave.
Mexican Inspired Favorites in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Chicken Fajitas – Quick and easy to make
- Vortex Air Fryer One Pan Beef Fajitas – So flavorful
- Quick Air Fryer Nachos – Easy appetizer
- Air Fryer Mexican Corn (Elote) – Flavorful side dish
Air Fryer Taco Meat
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning or 2 tablespoons homemade
- ¼ cup onion finely minced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons water
- Preheat the air fryer to 380°F.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and mix well.
- Place the beef mixture it in the air fryer, slightly flattening it.
- Cook for 9-10 minutes breaking up the beef halfway through cooking.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© EverythingAirFryer.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
REPIN this Taco Meat in Air Fryer Recipe