A Homemade Crunchwrap Supreme is a must-try air fryer recipe that everyone loves!
Why drive through Taco Bell when it’s so easy to make this copycat recipe for a crunch wrap right at home? Seasoned meat, lettuce, tomatoes, and cheese are topped with sour cream and nacho cheese sauce and wrapped up into a tasty, handheld treat that tastes just like take-out!
Air Fryer Crunchwrap Supreme
PIN IT to your MAIN DISH board for later!
Follow Everything Air Fryer and more on Pinterest for More Great Ideas!
Our Best Copycat Recipe Yet!
- Crunchwrap supremes are, hands down the best copycat recipe we’ve created and everyone loves them!
- They’re so much fun to make and eat and perfect for everything from tailgate parties to movie nights.
- Let everyone assemble their own and then let the air fryer do its magic!
- Perfect for picky eaters, sneak in some diced spinach, zucchini, or broccoli and kids won’t even know they’re getting their veggies in!
- Add some other air fryer snack extras like these superfast pizza rolls, and these air fryer bagel bites.
What’s in a Crunchwrap Supreme?
All same ingredients as Taco Bell but homemade in minutes in the air fryer!
TORTILLAS The secret to perfect crunch wrap supremes are soft flour tortillas that keep in all the delicious fillings. Corn tostada shells or chips give them their ‘crunch’ and help them retain their shape.
MEAT Beef, chicken, or even refried beans (vegetarian version) are seasoned with a package of taco seasoning. Or try this DIY blend!
TOPPINGS Lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, and gooey cheese sauce mixed with sour cream make this dish so delish! Add some diced jalapenos or hot sauce to make them spicy!
PRO TIP: Finely chop the lettuce and tomatoes so it stays firmly inside the tortillas.
VARIATIONS Serve hot with extra sour cream, salsa, and homemade guacamole.
How to Make Crunchwrap Supremes in the Air Fryer
It’s easy to make homemade takeout when the air fryer is in the game.
- Cook ground beef mixture, cut one tortilla into quarters, and prep veggies.
- Layer filling ingredients into the center of the whole tortillas (per recipe below).
- Top each with a tortilla quarter and fold the bottom tortilla over it to seal it (see images above).
- Brush with oil and air fry, flipping halfway through.
Serve hot as is, or try adding your favorite toppings!
PRO TIP: Skip the extra dishes and prep the ground beef in the air fryer!
Best Air Frying Tips
- For best results, avoid the urge to overstuff the tortillas as they won’t hold together as well.
- Use toothpicks to secure tortilla as you are folding it. Take them out right before placing face down in the air fryer.
- Always preheat the air fryer so the outside layers of tortilla get extra crispy and seal in the filling!
- If the finished crunch wraps aren’t as crispy as desired, spray them with a little cooking spray and pop them back into the air fryer!
- Keep leftovers in a covered container in the refrigerator, reheat them back in the air fryer, and they will be good as new!
More Mexican-Inspired Favorites
- Air Fryer Mexican Corn (Elote) – Sweet and flavorful
- Air Fryer Mexican Lasagna – Wonderfully cheesy
- Air Fryer Frozen Taquitos – So crispy
- Air Fryer Chicken Fajitas – Restaurant quality
Air Fryer Crunchwrap Supreme
- 5 large tortillas
- 1 pound ground beef
- ⅓ cup water
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning
- ⅔ cup nacho cheese sauce
- 4 tostadas or 2 cups tortilla chips
- ⅔ cup sour cream
- 1 cup iceberg lettuce shredded
- 1 cup tomatoes diced
- 2 cups cheese blend shredded
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F.
- Brown ground beef in a large pan over medium heat. Drain the fat and add ⅓ cup of water and the taco seasoning to the pan. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Cut one of the tortillas into quarters. Heat the remaining four tortillas for 20 seconds in the microwave so they don't crack.
- Place ¼ cup of beef in the center of the tortilla. Top with cheese sauce, tostada shell, sour cream, lettuce, tomato, and shredded cheese.
- Place a quartered piece of tortilla in the center and fold the tortilla around it to seal it.
- Brush the tortilla with vegetable oil and place them seam side down in the air fryer basket.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown. Flip the wrap over and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- To avoid spillage while air frying, do not overstuff the tortilla shells!
- Use toothpicks to secure wrap when folding. Remove right before putting in air fryer seam side down.
- For extra crispy crunch wraps, spray with a little cooking spray and pop them back into the air fryer.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© EverythingAirFryer.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!