Take taco night to the next level with this tangy Air Fryer Mexican Corn recipe!
Sweet ears of corn are air-fried and then brushed with a combo of mayonnaise, cotija cheese, seasonings, and herbs for a flavorful elote. This easy recipe creates the perfect side dish on a Mexican-style buffet or a Texas-style barbecue!
Air Fryer Mexican Corn
PIN IT to your SIDE DISHES board for later!
Follow Everything Air Fryer and more on Pinterest for More Great Ideas!
What is Mexican Corn?
- Mexican corn on the cob AKA “street corn” is a perfectly portable snack that delivers authentic south-of-the-border flavor and is made super easy in the air fryer.
- Make Elote for a crowd and keep cobs warmed in the oven until ready to serve. Garnish with freshly chopped cilantro and some lime wedges for the best flavor.
- Here are some more Taco Night air fryer ideas to inspire: Air Fryer Brisket Tacos, Air Fryer Chicken Fajitas, Air Fryer Frozen Taquitos, Air Fryer Nachos.
Ingredients & Variations
CORN: Fresh, sweet summer corn is always best to use in any recipe, but flash-frozen corn is available all year long and can be used as well. For frozen cobs, simply add a few extra minutes to the cooking time.
MAYO: Mayonnaise melts between every kernel, making each bite pop with flavor. Sour cream is a good substitute for mayonnaise.
COTIJA: Cotija is a popular cheese in many Mexican recipes and has a salty, mild taste. If Cotija isn’t available, feta can be substituted while the flavor is different.
SEASONINGS: Be generous with the chili powder and optional cayenne. The mayo, cotija, and seasonings give it a kick, but not too much. In a pinch sub out the chili powder for a pre-made package of taco or chili seasoning.
How to Make Mexican Corn in the Air Fryer
Upgrade ordinary corn on the cob with a few easy additions:
- Remove any husks and silk from each ear of corn. Break them in half if necessary to fit in the air fryer basket or tray.
- Brush with oil and cook until tender (as per the recipe below).
- Remove corn from the air fryer and brush on mayonnaise, then sprinkle with chili powder, Cotija cheese, and cilantro.
Serve with wedges of lime.
Tips & Tricks
- Not a fan of cilantro? Use chopped parsley for color, if desired.
- Crumble the Cotija finely so it gets between the rows of kernels.
More Side Dishes in the Air Fryer
Air Fryer Mexican Corn
- 4 ears of corn shucked and cleaned
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoon chili powder
- ¼ cup cotija cheese grated
- cilantro freshly chopped
- 1 teaspoon cayenne optional
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F.
- Brush corn with olive oil and cook for 10-11 minutes.
- Brush corn with a layer of mayonnaise and sprinkle with chili powder, cotija, and cilantro. Sprinkle with the cayenne if desired.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© EverythingAirFryer.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!