Air fryer nachos are the ultimate snack!
The air fryer makes the best crunchy, cheesy, super easy nachos in minutes! Make them and watch them disappear!
Quick & Easy Appetizer or Main!
- Everyone loves homemade nachos that are loaded with all the fixin’s! This recipe is so easy, even the kids can help out!
- No preheating means nachos are ready in minutes!
- Air fry nachos for a great way to use up leftovers like meat, rice, beans, or veggies!
- Air fryer nachos can easily be the main course by adding ground beef, shredded chicken, carnitas, or chorizo! Or keep them vegetarian and use black beans, rice, or quinoa.
Ingredients & Variations
Tortilla Chips – Any brand of tortilla chips will do as long as they will stack together and aren’t broken.
Cheese – Shredded cheddar cheese melts beautifully. A Mexican blend or Monterey Jack can be used, or a combination of all three!
Toppings – Make a DIY Nacho Bar and set out toppings like diced tomatoes, sliced olives or jalapenos, shredded lettuce, salsa, sour cream, or guacamole.
How to Make Nachos in the Air Fryer
- Place tortilla chips in a single layer in the air fryer.
- Layer with cheese, then chips, then cheese again.
- Add toppings and cook as per recipe below. Serve hot.
Tips for Crispy Nachos
- Make sure there are no gaps between the layers of chips so the cheese doesn’t melt through and burn on the bottom of the basket or tray.
- Check nachos halfway through cooking to be sure they aren’t overcooking as times can vary by model.
- Keep leftover nachos in a covered container in the refrigerator at reheat them in the air fryer (this time preheat it) with some fresh chips and cheese!
More Air Fryer Appetizers
Air Fryer Nachos
- 4 cups tortilla chips
- 2 cups shredded cheese or more as desired
- toppings as desired jalapenos, tomatoes, lettuce, sour cream, salsa
- Place the tortilla chips in a single layer in the air fryer basket making sure there are no gaps in the chips.
- Sprinkle half of the cheese on top and add another layer of chips on top.
- Top with remaining cheese and toppings as desired.
- Place in the air fryer at 320°F and bake for 4-6 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© EverythingAirFryer.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!