Air fryer meatballs are a quick and easy fix for adding to spaghetti sauce or piercing with toothpicks to serve with dip on an appetizer tray!
These homemade meatballs come out tender on the inside and crisp on the outside. It doesn’t take long to get fresh and juicy meatballs, just cook them up in the air fryer!
Easy Air Fryer Meatballs
- This air fryer meatball recipe can be made with any kind of ground meat, breadcrumbs, cheese, and just a few seasonings, ingredients that are likely already in the pantry!
- The Ninja, Corsori, or Vortex air fryer makes short work of making meatballs! Simply blend, shape, and cook! Enjoy meatballs chilled as a snack or heat them up for all kinds of recipes.
- Make them in batches and freeze them for future appetizers, meatball subs, hearty soups, and of course, spaghetti!
Ingredients & Variations
MEAT: Ground beef, turkey, and chicken are perfect for making air fryer meatballs. Mix in a little ground Italian sausage for extra flavorful and juicy meatballs.
BREADCRUMBS: Breadcrumbs can be replaced with crushed pork rinds for a low-carb meatball, and they will still be just as flavorful and juicy. Or use gluten free breadcrumbs or a low carb bread toasted and crushed.
SEASONINGS: Parmesan cheese is a dry cheese with a tangy bite that works as a binder and combined with the garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce, and salt and pepper gives air fryer meatballs a savory flavor that can be matched to any dish. Make them spicy and use this DIY Cajun seasoning blend.
How to Cook Meatballs in the Air Fryer
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl and mix until fully incorporated. PRO TIP: Mixing is faster (and more fun!) when done with clean hands. Be sure to wash your hands thoroughly after handling raw meat.
- Shape meatballs into 16 portions and cook on high power as per recipe below.
- Depending on the size of your air fryer, you may need to cook meatballs in stages. If cooking from frozen, simply add extra time to the air fryer.
NOTE: If using a rotisserie basket, don’t preheat the air fryer as the basket will be too hot to handle.
Storing & Reheating Meatballs
Keep leftover air fryer meatballs in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or freeze them in zippered bags for up to 3 months. Frozen meatballs can be thawed and reheated in the air fryer on medium power so they don’t dry out.
More Ground Beef Recipes
- Air Fryer Meatloaf with Bourbon Glaze – Juicy
- Air Fryer Frozen Taquitos – Quick and easy
- Air Fryer Hamburgers – Homemade and juicy
- Air Fryer Mexican Lasagna – Cheesy
Air Fryer Meatballs
- 1 pound ground beef or pork or turkey
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup bread crumbs
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat the air fryer to 380°F.
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl until fully incorporated.
- Divide the mixture evenly into 16 meatballs.
- Place them in the air fryer basket and cook for 12-14 minutes or until they reach 165°F internally.
- Add meatballs to the Rotisserie Basket and place into the air fryer.
- Turn the Air Fryer on Rotate at 380°F and cook for 10 minutes.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© EverythingAirFryer.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
REPIN this Air Fryer Meatballs Recipe
Much easier to use the basket. They turn themselves. 12 minutes is plenty.
Do you mean the rotisserie basket??? Never thought of that! What a cool idea!
Do they not fall apart?
They didn’t fall apart?
I actually tried this and it works! Just don’t use egg.