Homemade Meat Sauce in the air fryer tastes like it’s been simmering on the stove for hours!
Ready for your favorite pasta, this easy marinara sauce is made with ground beef cooked with garlic, onions, and Italian seasonings. It’s the perfect red sauce recipe for all kinds of culinary applications. Try this new air fryer favorite and discover how deliciously easy pasta sauce can really be!
Homemade Meat Sauce
PIN IT to your MAIN DISHES board for later!
Follow Everything Air Fryer and more on Pinterest for More Great Ideas!
Our Favorite Easy Meat Sauce Recipe
- This simple recipe for homemade marinara makes meat sauce for miles! Prep and freeze portions for up to 8 weeks. Use in omelets, casseroles, on veggies like eggplant parmesan, or add to a stir fry.
- Hearty and flavorful, this recipe has a rich tomato flavor that tastes delicious on anything. Check out these easy air fryer recipes that use meat sauce like air fryer bagel bites or this low-carb favorite, air fryer stuffed spaghetti squash.
- Spaghetti is a classic potluck fave! Simply prepare meat sauce in batches, mix in pasta and keep it warm in the Crockpot! Serve with parmesan cheese, garlic bread, and a bright, crisp salad. Don’t forget the vino!
Ingredients & Variations
MARINARA There are so many varieties of premade marinara sauce to choose from! Pick one that fits your flavor profile best, whether that be mild or spicy. Or, switch out the marinara sauce for a jar of Alfredo sauce!
MEAT The air fryer makes ground beef come out so tender as the excess fat drains away. For an extra flavorful meat sauce, use a 1:1 ratio of ground beef to ground seasoned Italian sausage.
SEASONINGS Easy to find Italian seasonings take the guesswork out of measuring. Add extra garlic powder or a pinch of cayenne to spice it up!
How to Make Meat Sauce in an Air Fryer
It’s easy to make meat sauce the air fryer way.
- Cook beef with onion and garlic in the air fryer basket (per recipe below).
- Transfer beef mixture to an air fryer-safe bowl.
- Add marinara sauce and seasonings and return the bowl to the air fryer and heat through.
Air Fryer Tips & Tricks
- Place a slice of bread on the bottom of the air fryer to soak up the grease and save on clean-up time!
- Make sure ground beef is finely crumbled before adding it to the air fryer so it cooks uniformly.
More Italian Recipes in the Air Fryer
- Vortex Air Fryer Seafood Lasagna w/ Pasta Machine Noodles – a family favorite
- Air Fryer Mac and Cheese – cheesy and good!
- Air Fryer Mixed Vegetables with Sausage and Ravioli – a filling dish
- Instant Pot Spaghetti w/ Air Fryer Meatballs – another classic!
Air Fryer Meat Sauce
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 24 ounces pasta sauce or marinara sauce
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the air fryer to 380°F.
- Combine beef, onion, and garlic in a bowl and mix well.
- Place the beef mixture directly in the air fryer basket. Cook for 5 minutes, break up the beef with a spoon.
- Cook an additional 5 minutes or until beef is cooked through.
- Place beef in an air fryer safe pan or dish along with the remaining ingrdients. Mix well and place the dish into the air fryer basket.
- Cook for 15 minutes or until the sauce has thickened and is hot and bubbly.