This Eggplant Parmesan Air Fryer recipe is a full meal deal!
Eggplant is one of the easiest veggies to make in an air fryer. In this spin on chicken parmesan, thick slices of eggplant are air-fried in seasoned breadcrumbs. Then topped with marinara and cheese to make an impressively delicious entrée that is ready to eat in minutes!
Air Fryer Parmesan Eggplant
PIN IT to your ENTREES board for later!
Follow Everything Air Fryer and more on Pinterest for More Great Ideas!
Best Air Fryer Eggplant Parmesan
- The air fryer makes Meatless Monday meals like eggplant parmesan fast and easy with minimal clean-up!
- Lightly breaded and air-fried, air fryer eggplant parmesan is a favorite with low-cal and low-carb lovers.
- Make fresh in batches, cool, and freeze for future meals!
Ingredients & Variations chicken
EGGPLANT Choose heavy eggplants without any tears or blemishes. Thick strips or rounds of zucchini will also make delicious parmesan!
BREADING Flour combined with breadcrumbs, seasoning, and parmesan cheese makes the perfect breading. Switch out the breadcrumbs for crushed pork rinds to make a low-carb breading.
SEASONING A little garlic and this optional Italian Seasoning give this recipe that restaurant-quality flavor!
How to Make Eggplant Parmesan in Air Fryer
It’s super easy to make this eggplant parmesan air fryer recipe:
- Prepare eggplant slices and prep breadcrumb, egg, and flour mixture in separate bowls.
- Dip each eggplant slice into the flour, then the egg, then the breading mixture.
- Spray both sides of the breaded eggplant with cooking spray and cook (per recipe below).
Top with marinara sauce, and cheese and cook until the cheese is melted then serve while still warm!
Tips for Crispy Breading
- Before breading, sprinkle a little salt on each slice of eggplant and wipe off after 5 minutes.
- This removes excess moisture and makes them extra crispy.
- For best results, gently press breading into the slices to ensure complete coverage.
How to Store and Reheat
Keep leftover eggplant parmesan in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat pieces in the air fryer. Freeze cooled slices on a baking sheet and then transfer to a zippered bag for up to 3 months. Reheat from frozen in the air fryer.
More Breaded Recipes in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Breaded Chicken Bites – Kid-friendly and healthy
- Air Fryer Breaded Shrimp – A delicious appetizer
- Breaded Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks – extra crispy skin
- Air Fryer Dill Pickle Chips – A new twist with pickles
Air Fryer Eggplant Parmesan
- 1 large eggplant or two small
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese grated
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 eggs whisked
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- Preheat the air fryer to 380°F.
- Slice eggplant into ⅓" slices and pat dry.
- Combine bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, salt, and garlic powder in a medium bowl.
- Place whisked eggs in another bowl and flour in another.
- Dip each eggplant slice into the flour, then into the egg and finally into the bread crumb mixture. Spray each side of the eggplant with cooking spray.
- Place in a single layer in the air fryer and cook 5 minutes. Flip over and cook for 4 minutes or until crispy and golden brown.
- Add marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese on top and cook for another 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© EverythingAirFryer.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!