Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks
These air fryer drumsticks have crispy skin and juicy meat.Pin Recipe Print Recipe
Servings 4 servings
- 8 drumsticks and/or bone in chicken thighs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 6 dashes hot sauce optional
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat air fryer to 370°F.
- Combine chicken, buttermilk and hot sauce in a bowl. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 24 hours.
- Mix flour mixture in a bowl.
- Remove chicken from the buttermilk and allow excess to drip off.
- Lightly dredge chicken in the flour mixture. Generously spray with cooking spray.
- Place chicken in the air fryer basket and cook 25 minutes, flipping chicken over after 15 minutes.
- Remove from the air fryer and season with salt and pepper.
- Ensure chicken reaches 165°F.
- Bone-in chicken thighs can be used interchangeably in this recipe.
- Do not use cooking spray in the air fryer, it can damage the coating on the basket. Spray the chicken on a separate plate or pan.
- When flipping the chicken over, check for any dry flour spots and spray with cooking spray.
Calories: 397kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 146mg | Sodium: 807mg | Potassium: 479mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 418IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 93mg | Iron: 3mg