Making baked potatoes in the air fryer is the easiest side dish you can make to complement any main.
Potatoes come out light and fluffy with a seasoned, crispy skin – no aluminum foil or oven needed! Make a loaded baked potato meal with butter, sour cream, chives, and bacon bits.
Easy Air Fryer Baked Potatoes
- It doesn’t take long to get fluffy spuds.
- Perfect for side dishes or even a quick and easy weeknight main dish.
- For those who are looking for healthier ways to cook, air fryers are a miracle appliance because they use less oil and fats while achieving the same result. Ninja, NuWave, and Corsori brands are popular in kitchens because they feature a variety of capacity models and power settings
- Air fryer baked potatoes are done in less time with less cleanup and no heating up the oven.
- Make air fryer baked potatoes and mash ‘em or smash ‘em or turn them into potato skins!
Ingredients for Baked Potatoes
SEASONINGS: This recipe is kept simple with just olive oil and a little salt, but feel free to explore the spice cabinet and sprinkle on garlic powder, taco or chile seasoning mix, or even lemon pepper or Old Bay seasoning. Match the seasonings to the main dish!
Baked Potato Toppings
Top with sour cream or Greek yogurt, salsa, guacamole, bacon bits, sliced green onions, sauteed onions, chives, or shredded cheese. Or make it a meal and load air fryer baked potatoes with chili, beans, or even a fried egg!
How to Make Air Fryer Baked Potatoes
- Scrub and pat dry potatoes (as per the recipe below).
- Pierce them with a fork and season.
- Cook for about 40 minutes to an hour in the air fryer, flipping them over halfway.
They are perfectly served next to air fryer chicken quarters for a meal that everyone will love!
Tips for Perfect Potatoes
- Use the same-sized potatoes so they cook at the same rate.
- Always scrub potatoes and pat them dry so the oil and seasonings adhere better.
- Keep a little space between potatoes as they bake so the air can circulate all around them properly.
- Make a few ahead and enjoy them for days! Simply reheat them in the air fryer.
- Cooked potatoes will keep in the refrigerator for 3-4 days, or in the freezer for up to 3 months. Just thaw and use in soups, stews, or for home fries!
Air Fryer Baked Potatoes
- 4 medium russet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt or to taste
- Scrub potatoes and towel dry. Poke each potato with a fork several times.
- Rub the outside of the potato with oil and season with salt.
- Place in the air fryer at 390°F and cook for 25 minutes. Flip the potatoes and cook for an additional 20-30 minutes or until tender when pierced with a fork.
- Serve with desired toppings.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© EverythingAirFryer.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!