Air fryer baked potatoes are an easy and delicious side dish!
The air fryer makes baked potatoes that are light and fluffy on the inside with the perfect crispy skin on the outside!
Why heat up the oven when you can make a baked potato in the Air Fryer in less time?
Easy Air Fryer Baked Potatoes
- Easy cooking method! Air fryers are a multi-purpose appliance that cooks food with less fat, in less time, and with less mess!
- Multipurpose! Prep, cook, and reheat baked potatoes as a quick and easy side dish!
- Versatile! Any model of air fryer like the Ninja, NuWave, or Corsori will make baked potatoes that come out perfect every time!
Ingredients and Variations
Potatoes – Use starchy varieties like russets, baby reds, or fingerlings.
Seasonings – Olive oil and a dash of salt it all it takes to bring out the amazing flavor of baked potatoes! Leftover bacon grease can be used instead of oil for a smoky flavor and extra crispy skin! A dash of taco, chile, or a zesty Cajun seasoning works, too!
Variations – Other dense veggies like carrots, sweet potatoes, acorn squash, and spaghetti squash can all be cooked with ease in the air fryer. Try a new twist on potatoes and make air fryer twice-baked potatoes.
Baked Potato Toppings
Go for the basics like sour cream and chives, salsa and shredded Mexican cheese, guacamole, or even bacon bits. Make it a main dish and top air fryer baked potatoes with homemade chicken chili, pinto beans with ham, or even a fried egg with sauteed onions!
How to Make Baked Potatoes in the Air Fryer
- Poke a fork into all sides of a cleaned potato.
- Oil, season, and place them in a single layer in the air fryer. Cook (per recipe below) until tender, flipping halfway through.
- Serve hot with desired toppings.
Keep leftover air fryer baked potatoes in the refrigerator (they don’t need to be covered if they are still whole) for up to 5 days. Reheat them in the microwave for about 2 minutes before crisping them in the air fryer.
Make a new recipe with leftovers by adding them to a cheesy potato soup, chop them up for a potato sausage hash, serve them alongside air fryer chicken tenderloins, air fryer turkey breast, or a cornish hen, or smash them and make loaded smashed potatoes!
Air Fryer Baked Potatoes
- 4 medium russet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt or to taste
- Scrub potatoes and towel dry. Poke each potato with a fork several times.
- Rub the outside of the potato with oil and season with salt.
- Place in the air fryer at 390°F and cook for 25 minutes. Flip the potatoes and cook for an additional 20-30 minutes or until tender when pierced with a fork.
- Serve with desired toppings.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© EverythingAirFryer.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!