This Air Fryer acorn squash recipe will ensure perfect-tasting squash every time.
Roasted acorn squash in the air fryer comes out tender, sweet, and perfectly caramelized in a brown sugar cinnamon glaze!
A few minutes in the air fryer and a simple glaze is all this healthy vegetable needs.
Air Fryer Acorn Squash!
- The air fryer makes quick work of dense veggies and cooks them quickly with less fat and less cleanup!
- This nutritious and delicious recipe is easy to prepare and is sure to become a family favorite! And, yes, you can eat the skin!
- Use this versatile veggie in new recipes! Serve air-fried acorn squash in halves stuffed with brown rice or air-fried mushrooms or tomatoes for a vegetarian entrée, or cut them into cubes and serve them as a side with chicken, beef, pork, or fish.
Ingredients and Variations
Acorn Squash – Choose acorn squash that is free of bruises or tears. Butternut squash and spaghetti squash can be used instead of acorn squash, just monitor the cooking times.
Seasonings – A little oil, butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon are all you need for this recipe. Add a dash of cayenne pepper if you’d like.
Variations – Use maple syrup, honey, or agave nectar in place of brown sugar. Season baked acorn squash with apple pie spice, taco seasoning, or even a swipe of Buffalo sauce to make it a spicy side!
How to Make Acorn Squash in the Air Fryer
Make air fryer acorn squash for meal prep and enjoy it all week long!
- Cut squash in half with a sharp knife and scoop out the seeds with a spoon.
- Brush both halves with oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Place seasoned acorn squash halves in the preheated air fryer and cook (per the recipe below).
- Whisk glaze ingredients together and brush over the acorn squash.
- Cook an additional 15 minutes or until tender and lightly browned.
Storing Acorn Squash
Keep leftover air fryer acorn squash in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat in the air fryer. Add leftovers to a stir fry, a soup, or even a smoothie! Freeze portions in zippered bags for up to one month.
Air Fryer Acorn Squash
- 2 medium acorn squash about 2 pounds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt or to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the air fryer to 370°F.
- Cut the squash in half and use a spoon to scrape out the seeds.
- Brush the squash with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Place in the air fryer basket, cut side up, and cook 15 minutes.
- Combine softened butter, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Open the air fryer and brush with the brown sugar mixture. Cook an additional 10-15 minutes or until the flesh is tender and slightly golden.
- Preheat the air fryer so the initial blast of heat can caramelize the butter and seasonings right into the squash.
- Leave enough space between portions so the air can circulate properly.
- Keep leftover air fryer acorn squash in a covered container for up to 4 days.
- Reheat in the air fryer or add to soups, stews, stir-fries, or even a morning smoothie!
- Freeze cooled portions in a zippered bag for up to 4 weeks.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© EverythingAirFryer.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!