Get tender and juicy salmon with dill in the air fryer with only 6 ingredients in less than 10 minutes!
Quick and healthy salmon always comes out moist and flaky with crispy, glazed skin using the air fryer.
Air Fryer Salmon with Dill
- This fish is practically foolproof using the air fryer. No need to bake on a sheet pan in the oven or in a pan or skillet on the stovetop. Even easier cleanup!
- Customize these salmon filets with your favorite seasonings, marinades, or creamy sauces to create a new recipe every time!
- Low-carb salmon is full of healthy fats and Omega 3s.
- Serve hot with a side of vegetables or serve cold in an avocado salmon salad.
Ingredients and Variations
Salmon – Choose salmon fillets that are clean and without odor or discoloration. They should be the same size so they cook evenly. Thaw frozen fillets before cooking, and add minutes for extra thick fillets. Check for doneness with a meat thermometer which should read 145°F. Leave the skin on for extra flavor and more Omega 3s.
Seasonings – Fresh seasonings like lemon pepper and dill enhance the delicate flavor of salmon. Try a sprinkle of DIY salmon seasoning for a more pronounced grilled salmon flavor or any combination of basil, rosemary, or other fresh herbs. Substitute the oil for melted garlic butter or add a drizzle of creamy dill sauce to finish.
How to Make Air Fryer Salmon with Dill
Cooking salmon is simple and makes an elegant and delicious dinner!
- Mix olive oil and lemon juice together in a small bowl and brush over filets (make sure they are patted dry so the seasonings stick).
- Season filets and air fry until salmon reaches an internal temp of 145°F or until the fish flakes easily with a fork and is opaque.
Make a ‘raft’ of lemon slices or sprigs of fresh dill to place under the salmon for a more infused flavor.
Storing Leftover Salmon
Keep leftover baked salmon filets in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Reheat in the air fryer or add to a breakfast quiche, or make salmon sliders with creamy avocado aioli.
Freeze leftover salmon in zippered bags for up to 1 month and thaw in the refrigerator before using.
Tasty Sides for Salmon
Air Fryer Salmon with Dill
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 salmon filets 5-6 oz each
- ¼ teaspoon dried dill
- ¼ teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F.
- Combine olive oil and lemon juice together and brush over the salmon.
- Mix the dill and lemon pepper together and evenly coat the filets.
- Place them in the air fryer basket and cook for 6-7 minutes or until they start to flake. (Reaching 145°F internally)
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© EverythingAirFryer.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
REPIN this Salmon Air Fryer Recipe