This delicious and easy Salmon Air Fryer Recipe is a must-try!
Get super tender, super flaky salmon fillets that are cooked to perfection in the air fryer! This easy recipe for lemon dill salmon can be prepped, air fried, and on the table in minutes. Coated in bright, citrusy seasonings, air fryer salmon comes out crispy on the outside with all juices preserved into every bite.
Salmon Air Fryer Recipe
PIN IT to your MAIN DISH board for later!
Follow Everything Air Fryer and more on Pinterest for More Great Ideas!
Favorite Lemon Dill Salmon
- Lemon dill salmon is a light dish that’s best served fresh from the air fryer. But it can also be chilled and topped over a salad or added to a cold pasta salad dish. It’s a dinner or lunch favorite. Break up pieces and add to an omelet or Easy Low Carb Breakfast Quiche for breakfast, too!
- Loaded with healthy fats, proteins, and Omega-3’s, salmon is a superfood! It should be on the menu at least twice a month.
- Cook salmon in the air fryer from fresh or frozen and have a rich and healthy meal in no time! Salmon can be pricey, but air frying makes it foolproof every time!
- Make that air fryer do double duty and cook up these tasty sides to go with it. Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Brussels Sprouts, Vortex Air Fryer Parmesan Crusted Sweet Potato Fries, or some Air Fryer Cheesy Biscuit Balls.
Ingredients & Variations
SALMON Salmon fillets usually come with the skin attached which helps hold it together. Don’t be alarmed if a white fluid appears on the fish during cooking. That’s a form of a protein called albumin (eggs have it, too). It’s edible, tasty, and even healthy! Frozen salmon can be used too, just increase the cooking time.
SEASONING Light and bright seasonings like lemon pepper and dill accent the fatty, delicate flavor of salmon. But salmon also works with bolder flavors! Try coating it in taco seasoning or Cajun seasoning. Even a brush of a favorite marinade can bring out the flavor!
How to Make Lemon Dill Salmon in the Air Fryer
Salmon in the air fryer is super easy to make:
- Brush salmon with oil and lemon juice.
- Season filets (as per the recipe below).
- Air fry until salmon reaches an internal temp of 145°F.
PRO TIP: Season with a squirt of juice from a fresh lemon wedge!
- Save that skin! Not only does it hold the fillet together and look good on a platter, but it’s delicious!
- Even if the salmon doesn’t look completely cooked through, test it with a meat thermometer before adding more minutes to the air fryer. All proteins continue to cook a little more once they’ve been removed from the heat source. This is called “carryover cooking.”
- Follow the recipe and check the internal temperature for a perfect result every time!
Tasty Sides for Salmon
- Crispy Air Fryer Broccoli – tasty recipe!
- Parmesan Crusted Sweet Potato Fries – cheesy and crispy-
- Air Fryer Twice Baked Potatoes – hearty side dish
- Easy Air Fryer Radishes – so delicious!
Air Fryer Salmon with Dill
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 salmon filets 5-6 oz each
- ¼ teaspoon dried dill
- ¼ teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F.
- Combine olive oil and lemon juice together and brush over the salmon.
- Mix the dill and lemon pepper together and evenly coat the filets.
- Place them in the air fryer basket and cook for 6-7 minutes or until they start to flake. (Reaching 145°F internally)