Garlic green beans in the air fryer are a quick and easy way to get this tender crisp appetizer or side dish on the table in minutes!
Minced garlic and a little salt and pepper accents green beans so they can go with anything! Serve them with roast pork loin, meatloaf, or baked chicken. Healthy green beans in air fryer make a great appetizer when sprinkled with a little parmesan cheese or drizzled with a lemon butter sauce.
Garlicky Green Beans
- Air fryers are perfect for roasting veggies with less time, fat, and calories!
- The air fryer also helps retain valuable nutrients in all your favorite foods and is a fave recipe with low-carb followers!
- Perfect as an appetizer or side dish, green beans are a versatile crowd-pleaser that goes with any kind of entrée!
- The air fryer beats oven-baked, sauteed, or grilled for ease in prep, cook time, and clean-up!
Ingredients and Variations
GREEN BEANS: Choose fresh green beans that are bright green and firm. Trim them by making a uniform pile and lining up the edges. Trim one side and then the other. Frozen green beans can be used by adding a few extra minutes to the cook time.
SEASONINGS: The beauty of this recipe is in its simplicity! Freshly minced garlic mixed with the oil ensures the garlic will adhere to the green beans. Make a simple sauce with melted butter, lemon juice, and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese, or try a DIY seasoning blend, like lemon pepper, seasoned salt, homemade ranch dressing mix, or taco seasoning.
PRO TIP: Leftover bacon grease can be melted down and used in place of olive oil for extra flavor.
How to Make Green Beans in the Air Fryer
It only takes minutes to make garlic green beans!
- Toss cleaned and trimmed green beans in oil and seasonings (as per recipe below).
- Add to the air fryer and cook until they are tender-crisp, shaking the basket halfway through cooking. If using frozen, simply add a few minutes to the cook time.
Optional garnishes include bacon bits, parmesan cheese, or sliced almonds.
What to Serve with Garlic Green Beans
As an appetizer or healthy snack, serve these tasty veggies with some tangy dips, such as classic French onion dip, sesame ginger dressing, or spicy dill dip.
Or, make the air fryer pull double duty and serve garlic green beans alongside meaty main dishes. They go great with roast chicken, turkey burgers, or bourbon meatloaf!
Storing Green Beans
- Keep leftover garlic green beans in a covered container for up to 3 days.
- Snack on them cold or reheat them in the air fryer! Serve leftovers as is or use them in stir-fries, casseroles, or omelets.
- Freeze portions in zippered bags for up to 4 weeks.
NOTE: Thawed leftover green beans will not be as firm but will still be delicious!
More Green Bean Recipes in the Air Fryer
Air Fryer Garlic Green Beans
- 1 pound green beans trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the air fryer to 390°F.
- Toss beans with olive oil and seasonings in a large bowl.
- Place in the air fryer basket and cook for 9-11 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through cooking.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© EverythingAirFryer.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
REPIN this Air Fryer Garlic Green Beans Recipe