Air Fryer French Fries taste just as good as deep-fried but they’re so much healthier!
Did you know you can make these easy homemade fries from scratch in about 30 minutes start to finish? With just three simple ingredients you can make delicious homemade french fries in minutes!
Homemade Air Fryer French Fries
PIN IT to your APPETIZERS board for later!
Follow Everything Air Fryer and more on Pinterest for More Great Ideas!
Why You’ll Love Air Fryer French Fries
This quickly became of my family’s favorite things to make in an air fryer – french fries!
- Fresh crisp hot fries without the mess or hassle of deep frying.
- Uses just a few ingredients you likely have on hand.
- Homemade french fries are easy to make and taste so much better than frozen fries.
- They take way less time than baking in the oven.
Ingredients for Air Fryer Fries
- POTATOES: The best potatoes for air fryer french fries are russet potatoes or baking potatoes. Russets are extra starchy meaning they are fluffy inside and they crisp up well too. Yukon gold potatoes are another great choice.
- OIL: While these are not deep fried, they do still need oil to get a good crisp. I prefer either olive oil or vegetable oil but any kind will work.
- SEASONINGS: This is the fun part, use any kind of seasonings you’d like. Flavor them however you’d like, try garlic powder, onion powder, rosemary, seasoned salt, black pepper, or your favorites spice mixes (like lemon pepper). Sprinkle with parmesan cheese after cooking if you’d like!
Got Frozen Fries? This recipe is for making homemade fries. Find info on cooking frozen fries here.
How to Air Fry French Fries
- Cut potatoes lengthwise into ½” slices. Cut the slices into ½” fries.
- Oil and season per the recipe below.
- Place in the air fryer and cook, tossing occasionally.
Serve with ketchup or your favorite dipping sauces.
No Air Fryer? No Problem. Cook the fries on a parchment-lined pan at 425°F in the oven for 30-35 minutes. Spread into an even layer and ensure the pan is not overcrowded and stir occasionally. If you have a convection oven, turn on the convection.
Tips for the Best Air Fryer Fries
- Soaking the french fries helps remove excess starch which allows them to crisp better. Dry very well with paper towels or a kitchen towel.
- Cooking time can vary based on the thickness of the fries, how full the basket is, and the brand of your appliance. Check the fries early and allow for extra time until you know your appliance.
- Hot air will need to be able to circulate around the fries. If the basket is too full, the french fries will not cook evenly.
- French fries do not have to be in a single layer but don’t overfill the basket. Shake it frequently so the fries cook evenly. The more you fill the basket, the longer the fries will take to cook.
- For even browning, cook fries in small batches. Once all batches are cooked, place all batches back in the air fryer to heat and crisp.
Favorite Air Fryer Fries
- Air Fryer Zucchini Fries
- Parmesan Crusted Sweet Potato Fries
- Air Fryer Carrot Fries
- Air Fryer Poutine
- Air Fryer Tater Tots (from frozen)
Air Fryer French Fries
- 2 large baking potatoes sliced into fries
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt or your favorite seasonings
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F.
- Scrub potatoes clean (or peel them if you'd prefer) and cut into ½" fries.
- Toss sliced potatoes in a medium bowl with the oil and salt.
- Place the fries on the air fryer trays or in the air fryer basket.
- Cook for 12 minutes, shake the basket and cook for an additional 7-9 minutes or until the fries are golden brown.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!