Make wholesome and nutritious air fryer carrot fries!
Tender on the inside and crispy on the outside, carrot fries in the air fryer are a sweet and savory treat!
This recipe is a kid’s favorite and even comes with its own dipping sauce!
Easy Air Fryer Carrot Fries
- The air fryer cooks carrots in less oil so they keep their color and flavor as well as retain their vital antioxidants. Less oil means fewer calories!
- Carrot fries are popular bistro menu items that you can now make at home in the air fryer in minutes with easy clean-up!
- Serve them as appetizers, a side dish with turkey burgers, or a healthy snack on movie night!
- Dense veggies like sweet potatoes, corn, and potatoes are no match for the air fryer which makes them in half the time the oven does!
Ingredients and Variations
For the best air fryer carrot fries, select or cut carrots into even sizes for uniform cooking.
Carrots – Fresh from the garden (or farmer’s market) carrots have more moisture so they’ll take less time to cook. Supermarket carrots are perfect and will caramelize perfectly. Keep baby carrots whole and thaw them first if they are frozen.
Seasonings – Salt, pepper, and garlic powder are all you need for this recipe to enhance the natural sweetness of the carrots. But feel free to experiment with what’s in your spice cabinet. Taco seasoning? Cinnamon sugar? It all works!
If you have leftover bacon grease, use it instead of the olive oil for a cost-effective, and smokey flavor for your carrot fries! Make extra savory garlic butter carrot fries, too.
How to Make Air Fryer Carrot Fries
Move over French fries! Carrot fries are the new ‘it’ snack that doesn’t even need to be peeled!
- Prep carrots and toss them with oil and seasonings.
- Cook carrots in a single layer until they are golden and crispy, about 6 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through cooking.
- Whisk dipping sauce ingredients in a bowl until smooth.
This three-ingredient dipping sauce is sweet and spicy, but you can serve healthy carrot fries with any dip you please! Try serving with ranch, honey mustard sauce, or a spicy buffalo sauce.
Keep leftover air fryer carrot fries in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat them in the air fryer and season before serving.
Air Fryer Carrot Fries
- 3 medium carrots sliced into sticks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon Sriracha
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F.
- Slice carrots into fries and toss with oil and seasonings.
- Place in a single layer in air fryer basket and cook for 5-6 minutes, shaking basket halfway through cooking.
- Combine mayonnaise, honey, and sriracha in a small bowl and whisk till combined.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© EverythingAirFryer.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!