Colorful, healthy, and sweet there is so much to love about these Air Fryer Carrot Fries!
Who knew that cutting carrots into matchsticks, tossing them with some oil, and then air frying them would make such a delicious snack and side dish. What’s even better is that everyone will love these orange ‘French Fries”!
Air Fryer Carrot Fries
PIN IT to your APPETIZERS board for later!
Follow Everything Air Fryer and more on Pinterest for More Great Ideas!
Air Fried Carrots
- Carrots are such a nutritious vegetable. They are chocked full of beta carotene and loads of vitamin A. So put those potatoes to this side and give these air-fried carrots a try!
- In the air fryer, these carrots turn out so crispy, while still retaining that sweet distinctive carrot flavor.
- Cooking carrots in the oven sometimes takes a little longer. Air fried carrots can be ready in no time.
- And don’t forget the honey mayo dipping sauce. This only makes this dish even better!
- These would go great with Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Brussels Sprouts. Or serve them as an appetizer with Air Fryer Potato Chips.
CARROTS Use fresh, frozen, or baby carrots when making this recipe. If using frozen carrots, for best results don’t thaw them before using.
VARIATIONS Try making this recipe with parsnips, or cutting some parsnips and adding them to the batch.
Add a little honey to sweeten the dish or sprinkle with some spices like BBQ or taco seasoning to make them more savory and spicy. Or try some parmesan cheese.
How to Air Fry Carrots
Nothing is better than a simple side dish that the kids will love!
- Slice carrots and toss with oil.
- Cook (as per recipe below).
And don’t forget the dip when serving!
Tips for the Best Air Fried Carrots
- Shake ’em up! Don’t forget to give those carrots a bit of a shake once in a while, when they are cooking.
- Cut the carrots the day before, toss them with the spices and the oil. They will keep in the refrigerator for a day or two. They will then be ready to be tossed into the air fryer.
- When cutting the carrots make sure that they are all the same size. This will ensure that they cook evenly.
- The joy of the air fryer is that it works so well with frozen vegetables. It makes them crispy without becoming soggy. There is no need to even thaw them before cooking and this saves time.
- To reheat roasted carrots in the air preheat the air fryer to 325°F and cook for 5 minutes or until heated through.
Best Air Fryer Veggies
- Air Fryer Zucchini Skins – so easy to make!
- Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Brussels Sprouts – sweet & salty
- Crispy Air Fryer Okra – crispy, crunchy snack!
- Air Fryer Broccoli and Cauliflower – packed with flavor
- Easy Air Fryer Radishes – low carb and keto!
- Air Fryer Zucchini Fries – perfectly crunchy
- Air Fryer Cabbage – cooked with bacon
- Air Fryer Mushrooms and Asparagus – quick & easy
Air Fryer Carrot Fries
- 3 medium carrots sliced into sticks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon Sriracha
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F.
- Slice carrots into fries and toss with oil and seasonings.
- Place in a single layer in air fryer basket and cook for 5-6 minutes, shaking basket halfway through cooking.
- Combine mayonnaise, honey, and sriracha in a small bowl and whisk till combined.