Make this uber-crispy, Panko & parmesan breaded Zucchini Fries Air Fryer snacks, perfect for anytime a snack attack hits!
The air fryer makes guilt-free snacks in mere minutes with minimal clean-up. Kids love these healthy, homemade zucchini sticks for dipping or solo snacking. Why make ordinary French fries when zucchini fries are totally trending?
Air Fryer Zucchini Fries
PIN IT to your APPETIZERS board for later!
Follow Everything Air Fryer and more on Pinterest for More Great Ideas!
Best Air Fryer Appetizer
- The air fryer makes fried foods crispy instead of greasy.
- The egg wash, Italian seasonings, and breadcrumb combination make for positively foolproof fries that will disappear in minutes!
- This recipe uses easy ingredients that are probably already in the pantry and the refrigerator! Feel good about serving this snack, because it’s a serving of vegetables made healthy in the air fryer!
- Let guests scoop their favorite dip or dressing into a paper cup and fill it with zucchini fries for a portable appetizer! Or add some Air Fryer Carrot Fries for a colorful app!
- Here are some other easy air fryer veggie ideas for inspiration! Air Fryer Low Carb / Keto Fried Green Tomatoes or Vortex Air Fryer Pull-Apart Cheese Bread.
Ingredients & Variations
ZUCCHINI No need to peel zucchini squash for fries! Choose zucchini that are firm and heavy, without blemishes or bruises. Slice into sticks or thick coins. Make a fried veggie medley and include small cauliflower or broccoli florets!
BREADING This is the fun part! Mix in Italian seasonings per the recipe or get creative and use Cajun seasoning, Taco Seasoning, or Ranch Seasoning. For a low-carb fried zucchini stick, switch out the breadcrumbs and Panko for equal amounts of crushed pork rinds.
How to Make Air Fryer Zucchini Fries
Air fryer zucchini sticks are super easy to cook.
- Mix coating ingredients together (per the recipe below).
- Dip zucchini pieces in egg and dredge in coating mix, ensuring all pieces are evenly coated.
- Fry until browned and crispy, turning once halfway.
Tips for Perfectly Crispy Fries
- Cut zucchini in even sizes so they cook evenly.
- For best results, do not overcrowd the air fryer basket. Zucchini fries will crisp best when the hot air can circulate around them.
- Cook in batches if needed. Reheat all batches for 3 minutes before serving.
How to Store Zucchini Fries
Keep leftover zucchini fries in a zippered bag in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat them in the air fryer and serve.
More Zucchini Recipes
- Air Fryer Zucchini Skins – snackable bites!
- Air Fryer Zucchini Fritters – crispy and healthy.
- Air Fryer Zucchini Chips – green chips.
- Low Carb Vortex Air Fryer Zucchini Lasagna | KETO – cheesy comfort!
Air Fryer Zucchini Fries
- 1 medium zucchini cut into ½" sticks
- 1 egg beaten
- cooking spray
- ½ cup Panko bread crumbs
- ⅔ cup seasoned bread crumbs
- ⅓ cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Preheat air fryer to 375°F.
- Mix coating ingredients in a bowl or freezer bag.
- Toss zucchini with egg. Dip zucchini into the coating mixture gently pressing to adhere.
- Lightly spray zucchini with cooking spray.
- Place in a single layer in the air fryer basket and cook 8 minutes. Turn zucchini over and air fry 6-8 minutes more or until crisp and zucchini is tender.
Reheat in the air fryer at 375°F for 3-5 minutes or until heated through.