Make this uber-crispy, Panko & parmesan breaded air fryer Zucchini Fries, perfect for any time a snack attack hits!
The air fryer makes guilt-free snacks in mere minutes with minimal clean-up. Kids love these healthy, homemade zucchini sticks for dipping or solo snacking. Why make ordinary French fries when zucchini fries are totally trending?
Best Air Fryer Appetizer
- The egg wash, Italian seasonings, and breadcrumb combination make for positively foolproof fries that will disappear in minutes!
- This recipe uses easy ingredients that are probably already in the pantry and the refrigerator, and no egg mixture necessary!
- Feel good about serving this snack, because it’s a serving of vegetables made healthy in the air fryer!
- Let guests scoop their favorite dip or dressing into a paper cup and fill it with zucchini fries for a portable appetizer! Or add some air fryer carrot fries for a colorful app!
- Here are some other easy air fryer veggie ideas for inspiration! Air fryer fried green tomatoes or air fryer pull-apart cheese bread or these delicious air fryer zucchini chips.
Ingredients & Variations
ZUCCHINI No need to peel zucchini squash for fries! Choose zucchini that are firm and heavy, without blemishes or bruises. Slice into sticks or thick coins. Make a fried veggie medley and include small cauliflower or broccoli florets!
BREADING This is the fun part! Mix in Italian seasonings per the recipe or get creative with the flavor and use Cajun seasoning, taco seasoning, or ranch seasoning in the bread crumb mixture. For a low carb keto zucchini stick, switch out the breadcrumbs and Panko for equal amounts of crushed pork rinds.
Serve with your favorite dipping sauce such as marinara sauce, garlic aioli, or ranch dressing.
How to Make Air Fryer Zucchini Fries
Air fryer zucchini sticks are super easy to cook.
- Mix coating ingredients together (per the recipe below).
- Dip zucchini pieces in egg and dredge in coating mix, ensuring all pieces are evenly coated.
- Fry until browned and crispy, turning once halfway.
Tips for Perfectly Crispy Fries
- Cut zucchini in even sizes so they cook evenly.
- Use a cooking spray or olive oil spray before adding to air fryer basket.
- For best results, do not overcrowd the air fryer basket. Zucchini fries will crisp best when the hot air can circulate around them.
- Cook in batches if needed. Reheat all batches for 3 minutes before serving.
How to Store Zucchini Fries
Keep leftover zucchini fries in a zippered bag or airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat them in the air fryer and serve.
More Zucchini Recipes
Air Fryer Zucchini Fries
- 1 medium zucchini cut into ½" sticks
- 1 egg beaten
- cooking spray
- ½ cup Panko bread crumbs
- ⅔ cup seasoned bread crumbs
- ⅓ cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Preheat air fryer to 375°F.
- Mix coating ingredients in a bowl or freezer bag.
- Toss zucchini with egg. Dip zucchini into the coating mixture gently pressing to adhere.
- Lightly spray zucchini with cooking spray.
- Place in a single layer in the air fryer basket and cook 8 minutes. Turn zucchini over and air fry 6-8 minutes more or until crisp and zucchini is tender.
Reheat in the air fryer at 375°F for 3-5 minutes or until heated through. These will keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© EverythingAirFryer.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
REPIN this Zucchini Fries Air Fryer Recipe
Flavorless. Needs some salt – maybe garlic salt or powdered ranch dressing mix.
Powdered ranch seasoning sounds like such a fun addition, Roho! Thanks for sharing.