Vortex Air Fryer Roasted Chicken
If your chicken is 4 lbs or less, you can use the rotisserie if your air fryer (like the Vortex air fryer) has one. A chicken larger than 4 lbs may be too heavy for the air fryer rotisserie, consult the manual of your specific air fryer as brands can vary.
If your chicken is larger than 4lbs and it fits in your air fryer (a larger oven or toaster oven style air fryer can hold much larger chickens), you can cook it by placing it on the rack of the air fryer and not on the rotisserie.
Cooking times will vary based on the size of the chicken, use an instant-read meat thermometer to ensure the chicken reaches 165°F.
A 3lb chicken will take about 45-50 minutes while a 4lb chicken will need about 60 minutes.
If you have some leftovers, consider making a pot pie in your air fryer!
Air Fryer Whole Chicken
- 1 whole chicken 2-4 lbs* see note for larger chickens
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- Preheat the air fryer to 350°F.
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel.
- Rub the oil evenly across the chicken then sprinkle with seasoning.
- Place the chicken in the air fryer basket, breast side down *see note for rotisserie.
- Cook for 50-60 minutes, flipping the chicken over half way through. Ensure the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F before serving. *see note