Air fryer chicken quarters are easy to cook for a delicious entree.
Chicken legs (AKA quarters) made in the air fryer are tender and juicy, with a lightly seasoned crispy skin and full of flavor!
Just five minutes and three ingredients are all it takes to make mouthwatering chicken!
Air Fryer Chicken Quarters
- Easy prep! Your Ninja, Nuwave, or Corsori air fryer makes chicken quarters with less fat, less time, and less mess. It’s a win-win all the way around!
- So many uses! This easy chicken recipe is picnic and party-ready, or make ahead and enjoy it all week long!
- Low carb! Air fryer chicken quarters are a keto lover’s dream! Faster and cleaner than baked or fried chicken, low-carb meals like this one can be prepped in minutes!
Ingredients and Variations
Chicken Legs – Quarters are drumsticks with the thighs attached, so you can enjoy a piece now and save the rest for later! Bone-in and skin-on chicken has extra flavor. This recipe works for thighs, quarters, drumsticks, and wings. And the dark meat gets extra juicy!
Seasonings – Olive oil, coconut oil, and avocado oil create a crispy skin for chicken quarters and if you have leftover bacon grease, use that for an extra smoky flavor to the chicken. Buy or make your own chicken seasoning or infuse a spicy Cajun blend.
Add a little cornstarch to homemade seasonings to help it adhere to the chicken pieces.
Variations – Sprinkle on some Panko mixed with parmesan cheese for a breaded version of chicken quarters, if desired.
How to Cook Chicken Quarters in the Air Fryer
This recipe makes delicious, oven-roasted chicken quarters without having to turn on the oven or the BBQ grill!
- Rub chicken with oil and generously season.
- Cook chicken pieces in a single layer, skin side down, (per recipe below).
- Cook until the skin is crispy and the chicken reaches 165°F.
- Flip the pieces halfway through.
Tips for the Best Chicken
- Always preheat the air fryer so the initial heat seals the outside of the chicken, keeping in all the savory juices!
- Place a clean coffee filter on the bottom of the Air Fryer basket to catch drips for easy cleanup!
- Don’t crowd the air fryer so the pieces cook evenly. Cook in batches, if necessary, and keep the cooked pieces warm in the oven or a Crockpot until ready to serve.
Keep leftover air fryer chicken quarters in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days, and reheat them in the air fryer on high power. Freeze pieces in zippered bags for up to a month and reheat them from frozen in the air fryer.
Air Fryer Chicken Quarters
- 2 chicken quarters leg and thigh
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chicken seasoning or to taste
- Preheat air fryer to 380°F.
- Rub chicken with olive oil and season generously with chicken seasoning.
- Place in the air fryer basket skin side down and cook 15 minutes.
- Flip the chicken over and cook an additional 4-8 minutes or until skin is crispy and chicken reaches 165°F.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© EverythingAirFryer.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!