These Air Fryer Chicken Cutlets are so quick and easy, without the time and hassle of baking in the oven.
Coated in panko bread crumbs these chicken cutlets are crispy and flavorful. With a cook time of 20 minutes, they make for a filling and satisfying main dish for those busy nights. So simple to make, they are great for stuffing into sandwiches, topping with cheese, or cutting into strips for dipping.
Air Fryer Chicken Cutlets
PIN IT to your MAIN DISH board for later!
Follow Everything Air Fryer and more on Pinterest for More Great Ideas!
Favorite Air Fryer Chicken
- Panko bread crumbs crisp up so nicely when they are fried or cooked in the air fryer. The air fryer is so much healthier than deep frying because it doesn’t need a whole bunch of oil to reach that level of crispy perfection.
- Chicken breasts are lovely cuts of meat that are the best breaded. A subtle cut, without a lot of fat, bones, or skin, the breast of the chicken is a soft and subtle cut.
- Try topping this chicken with some Instant Pot Bolognese Sauce, or serve with Air Fryer Loaded Smashed Potatoes and Air Fryer Pull-Apart Cheese Bread.
Ingredients & Variations
CHICKEN: Use boneless, skinless chicken breasts for this recipe. If the breasts are thick, then slice them thin. Also, pounding with a meat mallet makes the meat so tender and easy to cut.
PANKO: Panko bread crumbs are the simple staple for breading and cooking in the air fryer. They can be found at most supermarkets. If you only have regular breadcrumbs in your pantry, no worries! Sub them in, in a 1:1 ratio!
How to Make Chicken Cutlets in the Air Fryer
These breaded chicken cutlets are quick and easy to make with just 4 simple steps!
- Cut the meat horizontally. Pound and season (as per recipe below).
- Combine panko mixture and egg mixture in separate shallow bowls.
- Dip the meat in the egg mixture. Then press into the breadcrumbs.
- Spray with oil and cook in the air fryer, flipping partway through.
Serve with a side of vegetables, with some dip as an appetizer, or even in a sandwich!
- Use one hand to dip in the egg mixture and one hand to press in the breadcrumbs. This helps to keep your egg mixture from getting full of breadcrumbs and your hand from getting covered in both!
- Leftovers can be reheated in the air fryer. Preheat the air fryer to 375°F. Arrange the chicken in the basket, and then cook for 4 minutes or until heated through. It may need to be flipped once, partway through the reheating process.
- Cooked breasts can also be frozen. To reheat, defrost in the refrigerator. Preheat the air fryer to 375°F and then cook for 4 minutes, flipping partway through.
- Remember do not crowd the meat while cooking. They turn out crispier when the air has a chance to circulate.
Air Fryer Chicken Classics
- Air Fryer Herb Chicken Breasts – easy prep
- Air Fryer Mall Bourbon Chicken – homemade takeout
- Crispy Crunchy Chicken Tenders – kid favorite!
- Air Fryer Chicken Cordon Bleu – classic entree
Air Fryer Chicken Cutlets
- 2 chicken breasts
- ½ teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1 ¼ cups panko bread crumbs
- ⅓ cup parmesan cheese grated
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat air fryer to 390°F.
- Cut each chicken breast in half horizontally, using a meat tenderizer pound to ¼" thick. Season with cajun seasoning.
- Combine panko, parmesan cheese, and garlic powder in a medium bowl. Whisk egg, salt & pepper in a separate bowl.
- Dip the chicken in the egg mixture first and then the breading mixture, pressing the crumbs to make sure they stick.
- Spray chicken with cooking spray and place in a single layer in an air fryer basket.
- Cooke for 5 minutes, then flip chicken and cook for an additional 5-7 minutes or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© EverythingAirFryer.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
REPIN this Air Fryer Chicken Cutlets Recipe