Looking for a tasty and economical meal?
This Air Fryer Chicken Legs recipe is the perfect choice! They cook up juicy on the inside with a crispy coating that always turns out. Whether these are made for a simple meal that satisfies, or as an appetizer on game night for the gang, they are sure to be a new favorite.
Air Fryer Chicken Legs Recipe
PIN IT to your MAIN DISH board for later!
Follow Everything Air Fryer and more on Pinterest for More Great Ideas!
Chicken Legs In The Air Fryer
- Everyone loves recipes keto, low carb, or paleo, and this one fits the bill for all three!
- Chicken legs are tasty and more economical than boneless, skinless breasts.
- Dinner is ready in no time. These take about 20 minutes to cook.
- Recipes healthy or otherwise can be cooked in the air fryer—but this is one you can feel good about serving.
- Simple ingredients equal no fussing or extra trips to the store.
- For an easy dinner try serving chicken legs and potatoes. Both can be cooked in the air fryer, and potatoes are so easy to keep warm in the oven.
Chicken Dry Rub Recipe
CHICKEN Use drumsticks or bone-in quarters. Quarters that have back attached and thigh may take longer to cook, but they taste great fried.
SALT & PEPPER It’s always the most important part of the seasoning. Salt and pepper just make everything taste better, and chicken legs are no exception.
ONION & GARLIC POWDER: It lends a sweet and savory flavor, plus unlike breaded chicken, it’s low carb and keto.
PAPRIKA Paprika works in many recipes bbq or otherwise, whether sweet or smoked, spicy or milder. Choose your favorite type and use more or less than the recipe calls for if desired!
How to Cook Chicken Legs In An Air Fryer
Just a few steps to chicken delight:
- Preheat air fryer
- Coat chicken legs with oil and seasoning blend (as per recipe below)
- Cook per the recipe below, allowing the chicken to rest for a few minutes before serving
Best Air Fryer Chicken Legs
- Be sure to preheat the air fryer. The chicken will cook more evenly if the temperature stays constant. Be sure to defrost frozen chicken legs.
- Never crowd items in the air fryer basket. Food cooks up crispy if the air is allowed to circulate.
- Allow chicken to rest on the counter for 20 minutes before air frying. Meat tends to cook up juicier when cooked from room temperature.
- Don’t be shy with seasoning. And feel free to experiment with different flavors. Try taco seasoning, Italian seasoning, or buffalo seasoning.
Sides for Chicken Legs
Try making Easy Air Fryer Radishes for a low carb side dish, or go for some yummy Vortex Air Fryer Stuffed Twice “Baked” Potatoes. Get your greens in for a healthy and balanced meal, by making some Crispy Air Fryer Broccoli or even some Air Fryer Broccoli Tots. Easy Southern Vortex Air Fryer Peach Cobbler makes the perfect dessert!
Other Great Air Fryer Chicken Recipes
- Air Fryer Mall Bourbon Chicken – add a splash of bourdon to the day
- Air Fryer Southwest Chicken – simple low carb chicken
- 15 Minute Air Fryer Chicken Enchiladas – cheesy and comforting
- Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks – crispy, juicy, and delicious!
Air Fryer Chicken Legs in Basket
- 2 pounds chicken legs 6-8 drumsticks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Toss drumsticks with olive oil and seasoning to coat.
- Add chicken legs to the basket and place it in the air fryer*.
- Heat the Air Fryer to 375°F.
- Cook 20-22 minutes. Once chicken is 165°F turn air fryer off and allow the basket sit for a few minutes to cool down.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© EverythingAirFryer.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!