Vortex Air Fryer Mall Bourbon Chicken
It took me forever but I FINALLY created a true mall-style Bourbon chicken recipe. This has taken YEARS of trial and error and the funny thing is, the key is the Vortex Air Fryer!
I have tried every way possible but cooking the chicken IN the sauce in the air fryer seems to be the key to getting it just right 😉
Vortex Air Fryer Mall Style Bourbon Chicken
- 1 pound chicken leg or thigh meat cut in bite-size chunks - I prefer thighs
- 4 ounces soy sauce
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- ½ cup Jim Beam Bourbon Whiskey
- Preheat your air fryer to 350°F.
- Mix soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic powder, powdered ginger, dried minced onion, and whiskey in a bowl and pour over chicken pieces in the pan. Make sure the pan will fit inside your air fryer first!
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours until overnight.
- Cook for 20 minutes. Check internal temp - should be 165°F. If not, cook another 5 until done. If you like thicker sauce use a little corn starch to thicken.