This easy recipe for Air Fryer Hamburgers makes the juiciest burgers in no time!
Quick and easy air fryer burgers bring the taste of fresh burger patties to the table in minutes flat. Lean ground beef is lightly seasoned with Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper. Add a bit of bbq sauce (optional) to make the best homemade burgers ever!
Air Fryer Hamburgers
PIN IT to your MAIN DISH board for later!
Follow Everything Air Fryer and more on Pinterest for More Great Ideas!
Best Juicy Air Fryer Hamburgers
- Why wait for bbq weather when the air fryer makes burgers fast and easy with minimal clean-up.
- Browned on the outside and super juicy and flavorful on the inside, using the air fryer to make burgers is a cinch. Make pre-made burgers and reheat just before serving!
- No matter the weather, this recipe delivers signature patties that are just right for the main dish or appetizer sliders. Serve them on toasted buns with a platter of lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, onions, and your favorite condiments.
Ingredients & Variations
GROUND BEEF: Lean ground beef is generally 90 to 95% lean which means the patties won’t shrink as much from fat melting off but they’ll still stay juicy. Combine ground turkey or pork with beef for the same results. Add one tablespoon of grated onion or shredded zucchini or carrots for flavor and to sneak some veggies in for the kids!
SEASONINGS: Worcestershire sauce adds an ‘umami’ flavor to burgers making them savory and a little bit tangy. Other seasonings or DIY blends can be added to the beef mixture, too. Try this tasty homemade hamburger seasoning!
How Long to Cook Hamburgers in Air Fryer
Dinner couldn’t be simpler with the air fryer on hand!
- Prepare and cook patties for 5 minutes.
- Flip and cook (per recipe below), or until burgers reach an internal temp of 160°F.
For extra flavor, brush the burgers with your favorite bbq sauce before cooking. Top with air fryer mushrooms.
Tips & Tricks
- Avoid packing burger patties too tightly. Air needs to circulate through the patties as they cook so they stay juicy and tender.
- For sliders, reduce the cooking time to about 2 – 4 minutes. Feel free to check them during cooking and use this handy chart for regular burgers and sliders:
- Rare: 120°F to 125°F
- Medium Rare: 130°F to 135°F
- Medium Well: 150°F to 155°F
- Well Done: 160°F to 165°F
- Frozen raw patties or sliders can be cooked the same way, simply add extra minutes to the cooking time.
- Shredded cheese or slices of cheese can be added during the last 1 minute of cooking time.
- Keep leftover air fryer burgers in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Freeze them in zippered bags for up to 8 weeks.
- Reheat leftovers in the air fryer from fresh or frozen.
More Beef Recipes in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Brisket Tacos – Great for a party!
- Air Fryer Tex Mex Egg Rolls – Crispy and delicious
- Air Fryer Meat Sauce – Quick and easy
- Air Fryer Steak – So juicy!
Air Fryer Hamburgers
- 1 ½ pounds lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt & pepper to taste
- ¼ cup barbecue sauce optional
- 4 hamburger buns
- lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, onions
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F.
- Combine beef, Worcestershire sauce, and salt and pepper. Gently mix to combine.
- Divide the mixture into four ½" thick patties and place in the air fryer in a single layer. Use your thumb to place a small indent in the middle of the burger patty.
- Brush the burgers with the barbecue sauce, if using.
- Cook 5 minutes, flip burgers, and cook an additional 4-6 minutes or until the burgers reach 160°F.
- When mixing burgers, mix gently.
- 1 tablespoon of grated onion can be added to the beef mixture for extra flavor.
- Air fryers can vary, check the burgers early to ensure they don't overcook.
- Cheese can be added during the last 1 minute of cooking time.
- Nutrition information is for the burger with bbq sauce only and does not include the hamburger bun or toppings.