Air Fryer Steak Recipes that are as good as this one are hard to find!
Cooking steak in the air fryer is a foolproof way to get juicy, tender results in less time than it takes to cook on the stove, the oven, or the grill. This recipe makes air fryer steaks crispy and caramelized on the outside, just as if they came from a pricey restaurant!
Air Fryer Steak Recipes
PIN IT to your MAIN DISHES board for later!
Follow Everything Air Fryer and more on Pinterest for More Great Ideas!
Best Air Fryer Steak
- No grill? Rainy day? Short on time? Air fryer steaks taste like they just came off the barbecue! Add these other air fryer recipes for an indoor barbecue or surf and turf-themed meal! Air Fryer Onion Rings, Air Fryer Zucchini Fries, Air Fryer Coconut Shrimp, Air Fryer Cornbread Muffin Recipe, or Air Fryer Corn on the Cob.
- Serve leftover air fryer steaks in sandwiches, wraps, or to top a salad!
- Infuse more flavor into the steaks by marinating them for an hour up to 6 hours using your favorite marinade or simply a dash or two of balsamic vinegar.
Ingredients & Variations
STEAKS: The key to a perfectly cooked steak isn’t the cut, it’s the method. Any sirloin, rib eye, strip loin, or flank steak will work in the air fryer, and it doesn’t matter if they are boneless or bone-in steaks. Choose steaks that are of equal size so they cook at the same rate.
SEASONINGS: A little oil and salt and pepper will bring out the rich flavor of the steaks. Using leftover bacon grease from Perfect Air Fryer Bacon instead of oil will give the steaks a savory, bacon flavor. Or cover with butter for the best savory flavor of all!
How to Cook Steak in Air Fryer
Cooking steak in the air fryer is easy with the right method:
- Cook the oiled, seasoned steaks in the air fryer, (per recipe below).
- Flip the steaks halfway through cooking.
Air Fryer Steak Temperatures
Refer to this handy guide for well-done/medium/rare using a meat thermometer. Be sure to place the meat thermometer in the thickest part of the steaks, away from the bone (if cooking bone-in steaks).
- Rare 130 to 140°F
- Medium Rare 145°F
- Medium 160°F
- Well Done 170°F
Tips for Tender Steak
- Let the meat rest at room temperature for about 30 minutes before cooking. This helps the meat cook more evenly.
- Always insert the meat thermometer in the thickest part of the meat. It might be tempting to trim off any visible fat around the meat, but that’s where a lot of the flavor comes from!
- For best results, follow the temperature guide in your particular air fryer for cooking steaks, and use the air fryer to reheat them, too!
More Beef Recipes
- Instant Pot Steak Potato and Mushroom Soup – warm and comforting
- Instant Pot Beef Stew Made w/ Leftover Beef Ribs or Steak – chunky and filling
- Instant Pot Beef Brisket – a juicy interior
- Instant Vortex Air Fryer Roast Beef – a classic cut
Air Fryer Steak
- 2 steaks 1 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Let steaks sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before cooking.
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F.
- Rub steaks with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place in the air fryer basket and cook for 8-12 minutes flipping the steaks after 4 minutes.
- Once steaks have reached desired doneness remove from the air fryer and let them rest for 5 minutes before serving.