Frozen Onion Rings in Air Fryer are the best when it comes to quick hot snacks!
Crispy, piping hot, and perfectly dippable, frozen breaded onion rings cook to perfection in the air fryer. This simple recipe shows the best way to cook them in the air fryer so that they turn out crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside.
Air Fryer Onion Rings
PIN IT to your APPETIZER board for later!
Follow Everything Air Fryer and more on Pinterest for More Great Ideas!
Best Breaded Onion Rings
- Onion rings have that texture and flavor we all adore, but only when they are cooked right! This recipe shows the best time and temperature for quick and easy air fryer frozen onion rings.
- These tasty hot snacks are ready in under 15 minutes, and require almost zero preparation! So easy! Plus it’s easy to reheat leftover cooked onion rings right in the air fryer for crispy results.
- Dips for onion rings are easy to come by, simply purchase a premade dip, or make them to serve alongside some Cheesy Potato Soup (Blender) or some Instant Pot Steak Potato and Mushroom Soup. Use onion rings for a yummy dipper or side.
Ingredients & Variations
ONION RINGS Buy any variety of frozen onion rings for this recipe, but thicker cut varieties with heavy breading tend to taste the best, and turn out the crispiest!
SEASONING A simple seasoning salt is all that is called for but feel free to mix things up by sprinkling with parmesan cheese, barbecue seasoning, or even chili powder for some extra kick.
DIP Onion rings can be served with a simple dip made with sour cream and onion soup mix, or go for ketchup, barbecue sauce, or a honey mustard dip.
How to Make Frozen Onion Rings in the Air Fryer
It doesn’t get any easier than this!
- Preheat the air fryer (as per the recipe below).
- Place frozen onion rings in the basket in a single layer.
- Fry according to instructions, flipping once.
Season and serve with your favorite dip!
Tips for Crispy Onion Rings
- Purchase frozen onion rings that are thickly cut and have lots of breading or batter.
- Do not defrost onion rings before air frying them. Make sure they go straight from freezer to fryer for best results.
- Resist the urge to cook too many rings at once. Do not overlap or stack, or the onion rings won’t cook correctly.
- Allow them to drain on a paper towel for a few seconds before serving.
- For best results, reheat leftover onion rings in the air fryer! They will be as good as new.
Best Air Fryer Appetizers
- Air Fryer French Fries
- Air Fryer Pizza Rolls
- Air Fryer Corn Dogs
- Air Fryer Potato Chips
- Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Brussels Sprouts
Air Fryer Onion Rings (from frozen)
- 16 ounces frozen onion rings
- ¼ teaspoon seasoned salt or to taste
- Preheat air fryer to 390°F.
- Place onion rings in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
- Cook for 12 minutes flipping the rings halfway through cooking.
- Season with seasoned salt to taste and serve hot.