This recipe for Smoked Sausage in the Air Fryer is a hands-down winner!
A thick coating of bbq sauce is sealed to the outside of each juicy piece. We’re sure the air fryer will be your fave way to make smoked sausages from now on! It’s perfect for those nights when a quick and easy, hearty appetizer or dinner is needed.
Smoked Sausage in Air Fryer
PIN IT to your MAIN DISH board for later!
Follow Everything Air Fryer and more on Pinterest for More Great Ideas!
Why We Love This Appetizer
- It’s quick to make, 10 minutes start to finish (including prep)!
- Just 2 ingredients are needed, plus dippers if you’d like.
- Tastes great, everyone loves these crispy bites.
- Serve smoked sausages with wooden picks with some extra bbq sauce, honey mustard, or Ranch dressing.
Ingredients & Variations
SAUSAGE So many different kinds of smoked sausages like Polish, garlic and summer sausage can be used in this recipe, they will all come out perfectly! Cut them all the same thickness so they air fry up evenly. (Italian sausage is raw and will need to be cooked longer).
SAUCE Choose your fave sauce or make smoked sausages with different sauces before serving them.
How to Cook Smoked Sausage in Air Fryer
These simple air fryer smoked sausages are the perfect appetizer and are ready in just 2 steps!
- Cut sausage into slices and toss with bbq sauce.
- Air fry until they are fully cooked, shaking the basket about halfway through cooking.
Tips & Tricks
- For best results, always preheat the air fryer. The initial burst of heat surrounding the food makes the outside nice and crispy!
- Don’t overcrowd the air fryer.
- Appliances can vary, check the sausage a couple of minutes early so they don’t burn.
Best Air Fryer Sausage Recipes
- Easy Air Fryer Mixed Vegetables – with sausage and ravioli
- Air Fryer Italian Sausage – so juicy
- Air Fryer Butternut Squash and Sausage – squash and sausage are the best pair
- Best Air Fryer Breakfast Sausage – start the morning right
Air Fryer Smoked Sausage
- 12 ounces smoked sausage
- 2 tablespoons bbq sauce optional
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F.
- Cut sausage into ½" slices and toss with bbq sauce if using and place in the air fryer basket.
- Cook for 7-8 minutes shaking the basket halfway through cooking.
- Serve with bbq sauce or dijon mustard.
- Any smoked sausage will work in this recipe.
- For best results, preheat the air fryer.
- Don't overcrowd the air fryer.
- Appliances can vary, check the sausage a couple of minutes early so they don't burn.