Air fryer sausage and peppers is an easy and flavorful meal that can be made in one step!
This simple meal is so quick. Cook it up in just 10 minutes in the air fryer, and serve it with a simple salad and some bread for a dinner that is sure to be satisfying and delicious.
Easy 4 Ingredient Recipe
- This simple recipe is perfect for a weeknight meal that everyone will love. Or, double up the recipe and add to healthy, hearty dishes all week long!
- Use any kind of sausage from mild to spicy based on your preferences!
- Serve sausage and peppers in so many different ways! Try it on a roll, in a wrap, or with pasta or rice.
Ingredients & Variations
SAUSAGE: Italian sausages are loaded with bold flavors, but so are Polska kielbasa, and bratwurst, or use breakfast links to make breakfast burritos!
PEPPERS and ONIONS: Keep it colorful and use red, yellow, orange, and green peppers! Red, white, or yellow onions can be used.
EXTRAS: Use up leftover veggies or add fresh veggies like mushrooms, and diced potatoes.
How to Make Sausage and Peppers in the Air Fryer
- Place seasoned peppers and onions in the air fryer and nestle sausage between them.
- Cook until heated through, flipping the sausages halfway through cooking time (per recipe below)
- Serve piping hot.
Best Side Dishes for Air Fryer Sausage and Peppers
Serve with dinner rolls and homemade garlic butter, and a tangy Italian salad. Have them with some air fryer home fries or serve them alongside these air fryer baby potatoes. For sides with lower carbs than potatoes, go for air fryer spaghetti squash or these tasty avocado pesto zoodles. And don’t forget dessert! How about making some easy air fryer pineapple as a side or a finisher?
Our Favorite Air Fryer Tips
- Always preheat the air fryer before adding the food. The initial blast of hot air will seal in the juices and flavors of the food and make the outside crispy.
- Don’t poke the sausage before cooking or the juices will run out and the sausages will be dry and tough.
- For best results in the air fryer, avoid overcrowding the basket or tray.
- Cook sausage and peppers in stages. Right before serving, reheat everything in the air fryer.
- Keep leftovers in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat in the air fryer.
- Freeze in zippered bags for up to 4 weeks, and thaw from frozen in the air fryer.
More Sausage Recipes in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Sausage Patties – A hearty breakfast
- Air Fryer Smoked Sausage – So juicy
- Air Fryer Mixed Vegetables with Sausage and Ravioli – A filling meal
- Air Fryer Butternut Squash and Sausage – Quick
Air Fryer Sausage and Peppers
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 bell pepper sliced
- 1 pound sausage of your choice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat your air fryer to 400°F.
- Toss peppers and onions with the oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Place in the air fryer basket.
- Nestle the sausage between the vegetables and cook for 10 minutes, flipping the sausages halfway through the cooking time.