Sweet and juicy air fryer pineapple is a delicious side or dessert that will become a summertime family favorite!
Just a sprinkle of brown sugar and cinnamon glazed over the tangy and tart pineapple makes this dessert unforgettable!
Amazing Air Fryer Pineapple
- Super easy with only 3 ingredients, air fryer pineapple is such a quick recipe.
- Double the batch to use all week long! Simply keep it chilled in the fridge until ready to reheat, or enjoy it cold!
- No need to turn on the oven for this easy snack, just air fry pineapple for a few minutes!
- Simple snack, dessert, or topping! Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of caramel sauce or top a Hawaiian-style burger with them.
- Air fryer pineapple makes the perfect side dish to chicken, seafood, and pork, and is easy to add to stir-fries, salsa, and fish tacos!
Ingredients in Air Fryer Pineapple
Pineapple – Ensuring you have a ripe pineapple will give the best flavor and sweetness. Choose heavy pineapples that are golden in color and give a little when they are squeezed. One fresh pineapple will yield about 8 pineapple rings. If using canned pineapple, be sure to drain them and pat them dry so the seasonings will adhere.
This recipe uses pineapple rings, but pineapple chunks work just as well!
Freeze leftover pineapple juice in ice cube trays and pop them into iced tea!
Seasonings – Instead of brown sugar, try brushing on maple syrup or honey! Or use your favorite sugar-free sweetener instead (be aware they might not have the caramelized color, but they will be just as delicious)! Brush on a little melted butter before sprinkling on sugar for a salty-sweet treat.
Adjust the amount of cinnamon to your liking, or toss with other spices like ginger, nutmeg, or cardamom.
How to Cook Pineapple in the Air Fryer
Begin by preparing your pineapple. Use a sharp knife to cut off the top, just under the bright green leaves, on a cutting board.
- Mix brown sugar and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Place prepared pineapple slices in a single layer in the air fryer and sprinkle the brown sugar mixture on top.
- Cook until heated through and the edges are golden brown, flipping halfway through. Serve hot.
Wrap partially cooked bacon slices around each ring before cooking to make a delicious side dish to grilled meats!
Storing Leftover Pineapple
Keep leftover air fryer pineapple in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days and reheat in the air fryer (add some extra brown sugar, if you like).
Air Fryer Pineapple
- 1 small pineapple peeled, cored, sliced
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the air fryer to 375°F.
- Mix brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl until combined.
- Place pineapple slices in the air fryer basket and sprinkle the brown sugar mixture on top.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes flipping the slices halfway through cooking.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© EverythingAirFryer.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!