Make this easy air fryer breaded chicken breast recipe for a new entree favorite!
It’s amazing how the air fryer makes tender and juicy crispy chicken breasts in minutes! This quick and easy recipe makes chicken fillets for everything from sandwiches to salads!
Easy Air Fryer Chicken Breast
- Super easy to prep when time is short and most ingredients are likely in the pantry.
- No need to panic when everyone shows up for the big game. The air fryer makes crispy chicken fillets full of savory flavor in no time at all!
- Double up on the batch and use the leftovers up all week – simply re-crisp them in the air fryer! Serve them in chicken parmesan sandwiches, slice them or use them to make a chicken salad, or enjoy them as a main dish with a side of air fryer broccoli and cauliflower, or garlic butter air fryer carrots.
Ingredients & Variations
Chicken – Choose fresh or frozen boneless, skinless chicken breasts that are the same size so they cook evenly. Tyson five-ounce breasts are often sold in value packs so it pays to stock up! Boneless pork chops can be substituted, well.
Seasonings – Seasonings can completely change the flavor profile of breaded chicken breasts! Besides Italian, try Taco Seasoning, Cajun, or create a new blend with what’s on hand.
How to Air Fry Breaded Chicken Breasts
- Pound chicken with a meat mallet until they are all evenly thin.
- Place beaten eggs in one bowl, flour and salt and pepper, and in a third bowl, the bread crumb mixture.
- Dredge the chicken in flour, dip it into the eggs, and then into the breadcrumbs.
- Spray both sides with cooking spray and cook in the air fryer (per recipe below) until golden brown, flipping them halfway through.
- Prepare as directed for fresh chicken breasts, adding between 6 and 8 extra minutes.
- Always use a meat thermometer to tell when the chicken is done. Insert it into the center of the meat, for chicken it should read at least 165°F.
- Keep leftover air fryer breaded chicken breasts in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Freeze them between layers of parchment paper and place them in a zippered bag – they can be frozen for up to 6 weeks.
- It’s easy peasy to get the fresh, just fried flavor and texture reheating leftover chicken breasts. Just pop them back in the air fryer until crispy again.
Best Air Fryer Chicken Recipes
Air Fryer Crispy Chicken Breasts
- 4 chicken breasts about 5 oz each
- 2 eggs beaten
- ⅔ cup flour
Bread Crumb Mixture
- ½ cup Panko bread crumbs
- ⅓ cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper
- cooking spray
- Preheat air fryer to 370°F.
- Pound chicken breasts to an even thickness.
- Beat eggs in a small bowl. Combine flour, salt and pepper in a shallow dish. In third dish, combinethe bread crumb mixture.
- Dredge the chicken with flour. Dip it into the egg and then into the bread crumbs.
- Spray with cooking spray and place in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
- Cook 16-19 minutes flipping the chicken over after 10 minutes.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© EverythingAirFryer.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
REPIN this Air Fryer Breaded Chicken Breast Recipe