Air fryer herb chicken breasts are an easy entree, and perfect for batch cooking, too!
The air fryer makes perfectly tender, juicy chicken breasts every time! This recipe has just the right amount of garlic and herb spices that get roasted into every delicious bite. Make a double batch and slice some to add to sandwiches, soups, or salads all week long!
Air Fryer Herb Chicken
- The air fryer is perfect for delivering easy baked or grilled results without heating up the kitchen!
- Chicken comes out moist and delicious with less oil, less mess, and easy clean-up!
- Make herb chicken breasts for meal prep to use all week for easy stir fry dinners and soups, and add to salads and wraps for workday lunches!
Ingredients and Variations
CHICKEN: Fresh chicken breasts should be relatively equal in size, have no discolorations, and should smell clean. Use chicken thighs for smaller portions that can also work as hearty appetizers.
SEASONINGS: Adjust the seasonings to your liking or make a batch of DIY seasoning mix. Olive oil can be switched out for melted butter or even melted leftover bacon grease. PRO TIP: Break up fresh rosemary by lightly crushing it with a rolling pin or the bottom of a glass.
How to Air Fry Herb Chicken
This tasty recipe is super easy to make:
- Coat the chicken breasts with oil and seasonings.
- Place the chicken breasts in a single layer in the air fryer and cook per recipe below, flipping the chicken halfway through.
PRO TIP: Take chicken breasts out and let them rest before slicing so the juices are retained.
Serve with a spritz of fresh lemon juice. Make the air fryer pull double duty and serve herb chicken breasts with a side of healthy air fryer brussels sprouts, some parmesan crusted sweet potatoes, and a crispy salad topped with some homemade croutons or kale chips.
Tips for Perfectly Air Fried Chicken
- Make sure chicken breasts are generally the same size and thickness. Use a meat mallet to thin them out, if necessary.
- Always use a meat thermometer for chicken, to make sure it cooks properly. Place it in the thickest part of the meat. It should read 165°F.
More Air Fryer Chicken Recipes
- Air Fryer Chicken Cutlets – With a crispy coating
- Air Fryer Chicken Legs in Basket – Juicy and simple
- Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks – Succulent and crispy
- Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Tenders – Easy and crunchy
- Cajun Air Fryer Chicken Bites – only 3 ingredients and 2 steps!
Air Fryer Herb Chicken
- 3 boneless chicken breasts 6-7 ounces each
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon rosemary slightly crushed
- ¼ teaspoon dried parsley
- ⅛ teaspoon chili flakes
- Preheat air fryer to 370°F.
- Evenly coat chicken with oil and seasonings.
- Place chicken breasts in the air fryer and cook for 16-19 minutes turning chicken over after 10 minutes.
- Let sit for 5 minutes before serving.