Instant Pot Steak, Potato, and Mushroom Soup
This is a fantastic meal to make if you have some leftover steak to use!
Instant Pot Steak Potato & Mushroom Soup
- 1 pound steak meat or stew beef
- 6 red potatoes
- 1 package baby bella mushrooms sliced
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 large white onion diced
- 32 ounces beef broth
- Set instant pot to saute mode. Add in onions and beef. Saute until beef is lightly browned on the outside. Skip browning the steak if using leftover steak.
- Turn off saute mode. Add in diced potatoes, mushrooms, and bay leaves. Pour in beef broth and about 2 to 3 cups water to max fill line in a 6 quart pot. In an 8 quart pot you won't hit the fill line. Eye ball this to make sure there is enough liquid. If you feel you need more water add some.
- Stir in salt and pepper. Set the valve to seal then put on high pressure for 20 minutes. Once the pot stops counting release the pressure. Serve with buttered bread.