This Instant Pot butternut squash soup recipe is a sweet and savory, comforting dish.
It makes the perfect lunch or starter, featuring fall favorites like carrot, apple, and ginger! Garnish this creamy and satisfying dish with a dollop of sour cream or a simple dash of paprika for added color. Add a side salad and lunch is served!
Favorite Fall Soup
- The Instant Pot makes hundreds of simple soups in minutes! Just set, cook, and serve.
- This rich, creamy, and delicious soup is ready and on the table in 3 easy steps. Double the batch and serve all week or freeze for future meals.
- Perfect for cold weather days, butternut squash soup is as good for you as it is healthy and delicious!
Ingredients & Variations
VEGGIES: Butternut squash has a mild, earthy flavor that is easily complemented by so many other ingredients! Hubbard or delicatas can be used as well without peeling. Other starchy veggies like parsnips, turnips, or potatoes can be used in place of carrots.
APPLE: Apples add a mild sweetness to the soup. Red apples are softer and sweeter, while green apples are more tart – either will do!
BROTH & SEASONINGS: The more flavorful the broth, the better the end result. Fresh ginger and sage are best, but ground ginger is okay, too. The cream makes the soup extra velvety and rich, but milk can be used instead. Make it vegan by omitting the dairy altogether and use extra broth or water to blend the soup.
How to Make Instant Pot Butternut Squash Soup
- Place prepped ingredients (except cream) in the Instant Pot and set to stew.
- Blend until smooth, lightly adding the cream. Or remove some of the veggies before blending for a chunky-style soup (as per the recipe below).
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream, bacon bits, sliced green onions, and a slice of garlic bread.
Tips for a Creamy Smooth Soup
No immersion blender? No problem! Carefully blend the soup in batches in a blender (it will be hot) or use a hand mixer directly in the Instant Pot.
Keep leftovers in a covered container in the refrigerator for about 4 days or freeze in zippered bags for up to a month.
Favorite Squash Recipes
- Air Fryer Butternut Squash and Sausage – Meal in one.
- Air Fryer Summer Squash Fritters – Crispy
- Air Fryer Low Carb Spaghetti Squash Bowls – Healthy
- Air Fryer Mini Squash Soufflé – Light and decadent
Instant Pot Butternut Squash Soup
- 1 butternut squash large dice
- 2 carrots large dice
- 1 apple large dice
- ½ onion large dice
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- ½ teaspoon fresh ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground sage
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- Peel and chop all vegetables into large pieces.
- Place all ingredients (except heavy cream) into the instant pot and set to stew for 10 minutes on manual high.
- Slow-release and blend using a hand blender until smooth, lightly blend in cream, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© EverythingAirFryer.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!