Vortex Air Fryer Mini Squash Soufflé
These are a great use for squash that is overripe!
Cut the squash in half and remove the ends. Put the squash and the half onion on a rack in your Instant Pot. Add 1 cup of water and cook on “Steam” for 2 minutes. Quick-release.
Preheat your Vortex Air Fryer to 350 F’ on BAKE.
Chop the onion and squash. In a bowl, mash then with a fork or mashed potato masher. Add the egg, seasonings, and the jalapeno (if adding). Add half of the crackers and cheese and mix well.
You can vary the toppings a lot. You can use crackers, breadcrumbs, french onions, or just about anything else you want. This is also great to add leftovers into – we added some Corn Maux Chow on top and it was fantastic as a quick lunch!
You could easily add sausage, chicken, leftover veggies and more!
Air Fryer Mini Squash Soufflé
- 2 small cooked yellow squash
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon cajun seasoning optional
- ½ cup cheese shredded
- ¼ cup crackers Ritz, other crackers, or breadcrumbs
- ¼ jalepeno diced, seeds removed
- Preheat the air fryer to 350°F on bake. Spray air fryer safe ramekins with non-stick spray.
- Mash the squash with a fork or potato masher. Add the egg, seasonings, and the jalapeno (if using). Add half of the crackers and cheese and mix well.
- Combine the crackers and cheese, mix to combine and set aside.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared dishes and top with the remaining cracker mixture.
- Place the ramekins in the air fryer basket and cook for 10-12 minutes or until they are firm to the touch.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© EverythingAirFryer.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!