Sweet and crispy garlic butter air fryer carrots will be a new family favorite!
Carrots in the air fryer come out tender inside with a roasted, garlicky, golden-brown exterior.
These are an easy last-minute side dish for any meal!
Garlic Butter Air Fryer Carrots
- Cook a healthy alternative in less time with less fat, but still have that deep-fried crispy texture using the air fryer!
- Air fryer carrots cook quickly with minimal added fats, preserving vital nutrients and retaining color and flavor.
- These air fryer carrots are savory and delicious but only take minutes to prepare. They are quick and easy, making them great as a last-minute side dish on busy nights!
- Delish dippers! Make air fryer carrots with other fave veggie snacks like air fryer green beans, and air fryer zucchini chips for a wholesome tailgate party offering with a selection of dips and dressings!
Ingredients and Variations
Carrots – Fresh, whole, or baby carrots work perfectly in this recipe! Even frozen carrots don’t need to be thawed first! No need to peel fresh carrots as long as they are scrubbed clean first.
Seasonings – Garlic butter pairs perfectly with the sweet flavor of carrots and keeps this recipe simple. Garlic powder provides a ‘tamer’ flavor than fresh garlic, if desired.
Other tasty seasonings to try are taco, chili, and a zesty Cajun! Make a sweet glaze by using honey instead of butter with the garlic. Even a sprinkle of parmesan cheese over the carrots in the last few minutes of cooking will make them extra crispy!
How to Make Air Fryer Carrots
- Preheat the air fryer.
- Toss carrots with butter, salt, garlic, and salt and pepper (per recipe below).
- Air fry the carrot fries, shaking the basket once, until the carrots are tender-crisp.
- Garnish with parsley and serve hot.
Air Fryer Tips
- Always start with a preheated air fryer so it quickly crisps the outside of the food while sealing in its flavor. It’s like deep frying without the oil!
- A sheet of parchment paper (or a clean coffee filter) can be placed in the bottom of the air fryer to make cleanup a breeze!
- Avoid overcrowding the air fryer, if necessary, cook in batches and keep them warm in the oven. Just before serving, crisp them all up in the air fryer for a few minutes.
- Keep leftover air fryer carrots in a covered container for up to 3 days. Reheat them in the air fryer.
Garlic Butter Air Fryer Carrots
- 16 ounces carrots peeled and cut into sticks
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat the air fryer to 380°F.
- Toss carrots with butter, garlic, salt & pepper.
- Air fry for 8 minutes. Shake the basket and cook an additional 3-5 minutes or until tender crisp.
- Remove from fryer, garnish with parsley & enjoy.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© EverythingAirFryer.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!