Air fryer carrots come out so tender and crispy with the flavor of garlic butter roasted right into them!
The air fryer has to be the best way to make carrots. It turns them into a delicious dipper or appetizer, or the tastiest side dish ever. Buttery, garlicky, and so delicious, this is one recipe the chef will be asked to make again and again.
Best Garlic Butter Carrots
- Roasted carrots in the air fryer are a sweet and savory addition to any main course and they are so easy to make!
- Air Fryers cook food quickly with minimal added fats, preserving vital nutrients and retaining color and flavor, plus clean-up is a cinch!
- This recipe makes the best garlic butter carrots and kids just love them!
Ingredients & Variations
CARROTS: Fresh, large carrots need to be sliced into coins, strips, or on the diagonal before use. Tri-color carrots can also be used and pre-packaged and peeled baby carrots can be cooked from fresh or frozen! Keep baby carrots whole.
SEASONINGS: This simple recipe only needs butter and some minced garlic. Leftover bacon grease in place of the butter will give the carrots a savory flavor, and other seasonings like Italian or lemon pepper seasoning will give them a twist! For even sweeter carrots, omit the minced garlic and toss the carrots with butter and a little bit of maple syrup.
How to Cook Carrots in the Air Fryer
- Toss carrots in butter and seasonings.
- Cook seasoned carrots in the air fryer until tender-crisp, as per recipe below.
Tips for Crisp, Crunchy Carrots
- For a more elegant presentation, cut carrots diagonally.
- Keep carrots the same size so they cook evenly and avoid overcrowding the air fryer basket for more crispy caramelization.
- If cooking in batches, keep cooked carrots warm in the oven and then reheat them all in the air fryer basket about 3 minutes before serving.
Favorite Air Fryer Veggies
- Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower – Spicy and sweet
- Easy Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts – Crispy and healthy
- Air Fryer Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus – A quick snack
- Air Fryer Broccoli – Quick and healthy
- Air Fryer Frozen Vegetables – less than 10 minute side dish
Garlic Butter Air Fryer Carrots
- 16 ounces carrots sliced or baby carrots
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ cup butter melted
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F.
- Toss carrots with butter, garlic, salt & pepper.
- Air fry for 8 minutes. Shake the basket and cook an additional 3-5 minutes or until tender crisp.
- Remove from fryer, garnish with parsley & enjoy.