Make Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus for a quick snack or an elegant appetizer for guests!
The air fryer makes every recipe so easy. Stalks of fresh asparagus are wrapped in prosciutto and roasted to crispy perfection in minutes! Ready to eat or dip into your favorite sauce, this recipe is a keeper. It’s simple to customize or find substitutions, too!
Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus
PIN IT to your APPETIZERS board for later!
Follow Everything Air Fryer and more on Pinterest for More Great Ideas!
Best Air Fryer Asparagus
- Asparagus always comes out tender on the inside and crisp on the outside when it’s cooked in the air fryer. Wrap them as singles or bundle three together for an impressive side dish!
- Perfect as an appetizer or side dish, make prosciutto-wrapped asparagus up to 24 hours ahead and simply reheat them in the air fryer to get that crisp exterior back.
- Here is a list of other elegant air fryer appetizers: Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Brussels Sprouts, Air Fryer Roasted Snap Peas, Air Fryer Carrot Fries.
Ingredients & Variations
ASPARAGUS Select stalks that are deep green with a little light green or purple on the tips. Choose stalks of similar width so they cook at the same rate. If asparagus isn’t in season, switch out for fresh green beans instead.
PROSCIUTTO Prosciutto has a distinctly smoky, salty flavor that infuses into the asparagus as it cooks. This also eliminates the need for oil in this recipe. If prosciutto isn’t available, use bacon. Thin slices of Italian salami like capicola and mortadella will also work if you have them!
How to Make Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus in the Air Fryer
Asparagus as an appetizer never tasted so good, and it’s really easy to make.
- Wash and trim asparagus and wrap in prosciutto.
- Cook until asparagus is tender and prosciutto is crispy (per the recipe below).
PRO TIP: If slices of prosciutto are a little dried out and difficult to wrap around the asparagus, place the slices between two wet paper towels and microwave for about 30 seconds. The steam will soften the meat making it easier to work with. About 2 minutes before they’re done, sprinkle on a little parmesan cheese, if desired.
Tips for Crisp Veggies
- To get the best, crispiest veggies every time, always pat them dry before air frying. Oil and seasonings won’t adhere to foods that aren’t dry.
- For maximum crispiness, avoid overcrowding the air fryer so the hot air can circulate around each piece.
Storing Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus
Keep pieces covered in the refrigerator until ready to reheat. Reheat them in a preheated air fryer until they are crispy.
More Vegetable Recipes in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Zucchini Fritters – Fritter dinner away on these!
- Vortex Air Fryer Roasted Butter Garlic Carrots – so buttery and sweet
- Air Fryer Broccoli Tots – a healthy snack for the little ones
- Vortex Air Fryer Bacon Cauliflower Mac and Cheese – so cheesy good!
Air Fryer Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus
- 1 pound asparagus
- 6 ounces prosciutto
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F.
- Wash and trim the end of the asparagus.
- Wrap one slice of prosciutto around one asparagus and place in the air fryer basket.
- Cook for 7-8 minutes or until asparagus is tender and prosciutto is crispy.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© EverythingAirFryer.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!